PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Hobart

Masha
23rd June 2010, 09:20 PM
Hi to all.

44 year old whose woodwork credentials are a botched pencil case in about Grade 7. Have always wanted to be able to do something a bit creative, so went out and bought a few basic tools and some timber and built myself a bench. These forums were really helpful and interesting, so I joined. I hope to accumulate a few more tools and undertake some more projects, as I really enjoyed putting my bench together, albeit with a lot of trial and a lot more error.

I guess that buying a couple of books on some basic woodworking skills, and outlining some projects might be a good kick off point? Grateful for any guidance.

Cheers, Masha

munruben
24th June 2010, 08:40 AM
Hi Masha, welcome to the forum. Yes books can help and you can learn a lot from this forum and a good idea is to google some projects on utube,theres some interesting vids out there that can give you a few ideas. Great to have you aboard

Christos
24th June 2010, 09:20 AM
Welcome to the forum.

That's a good way to start with a few tools. I know that can get out of hand and soon you will have lots of tools. I know that I am saving to buy tools. :U

Rattrap
24th June 2010, 09:29 AM
Gday Masha, welcome to the forums. Always good to see more Taswegians in here.:2tsup:
So you made the pencil box too? lol there must be thousands of those things in land fill by now.

Allan at Wallan
27th June 2010, 10:06 AM
Welcome to the forums Masha.:2tsup:

Apart from reading and viewing try and join a
woodworking/woodturning club. You will meet many
new friends and learn heaps. Good luck!

Allan