PDA

View Full Version : G'day from the New England.

Castaway
23rd June 2010, 09:31 PM
G'day,

This forum is fantastic, so much info. I like building stuff, anything really, and if I can build it out of stuff that I can just 'find lying around' the better it is, improvisation is a fantastic tool. Lately I've got myself into resin casting, just mucking around at the moment using silicone rubber moulds and a fast cast polyurathane resin. Anyway great to be onboard such a dynamic forum, I gotta go and chuck another log or seven on the fire before I freeze.

Cheers
Peter

wheelinround
23rd June 2010, 10:40 PM
Welcome Peter

:o:no: logs on the fire we turn them make boxes and other stuff LOL

Look tis not that cold in Armidale no Guyra or Glenn maybe :;

Scribbly Gum
23rd June 2010, 10:55 PM
Welcome Peter.
We are a pretty warm bunch here, but you will need the log for warmth up where you live. I have stayed at Uralla and Walcha in April and May and believe me - brass monkeys had nothing on us. It was freezing.
You are also right about the dynamism of this forum. I doubt any one person could keep track of everything that happens here. I'm sure that you will find lots to participate in.
Bon courage
SG

munruben
24th June 2010, 08:43 AM
Hi Peter and welcome. Plenty goes on here to keep you interested. :2tsup:

Christos
24th June 2010, 09:15 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Would be nice to see some of the items that you have completed, any chance of a pic.

Castaway
24th June 2010, 09:37 AM
wheelinaround
Scribly Gum
munruben

Thanks, yeah this forum is like a book that you just cant put down.

wheelinaround, everytime I throw a log on the fire I spend about 5 mins examining it to see if I could make better use of it :U. When I build my next house going to go down the straw bale route, more insulated.:2tsup:

Scribbly Gum, I've been here most of my life and still dont get used to how cold it gets.

munruben, totally agree.

Cheers
Castaway

Terry B
24th June 2010, 03:11 PM
Welcome from a neighbough.

Castaway
24th June 2010, 06:45 PM
Christos,

Alot of my recent stuff has been in the garden like retaining walls and raised beds. But I will be starting work on my mothers house soon this will include re-stumping the house, knocking down the existing concrete patio, which is the cause fr some movement in the house, will be replacing it with a wooden patio. Then have to replace a retaining wall that holds the drivaway away from the house with a more solid wall. Then pull down all the fences as they are about 40-50 years old and are being held up by sheer determination rather than nails:U. So I will be taking a pictgorial history of each project and post them. phew... Fingers crossed I dont stuff the stumping up.

Terry B, thanks mate.

ubeaut
24th June 2010, 11:38 PM
G'day Castaway - You might like to have a look at our other site Renovate Forum (http://www.renovateforum.com), there should be a lot to interest you over there especially for stumping, decking, etc.

If you register there with the same info as here and don't log out you can switch seamlessly between the two forums at any time.

Cheers - Neil :U

Castaway
24th June 2010, 11:55 PM
Neil,

Thanks, have done that exact thing. Pleanty of tips found already. Once again a most dynamic forum. Fantastic.

Cheers:2tsup: