PDA

View Full Version : Melb WWW

Iain
2nd October 2004, 09:21 AM
Only two weekends to my demise, financially anyway.
I see Northwood are represented this year and I intend looking at their Dado sets.
Of course the efferescent Neil will be on board we hope, with his hirstute (?) sidekick.
See y'all there!

Christopha
5th October 2004, 01:42 PM
hirsTute???
The beautiful Beaut will get dark onya if'n you call her strange words! :eek:

Wood Borer
5th October 2004, 02:44 PM
Christopha,

Will you be wearing a foil hat at the show?

Iain
5th October 2004, 03:58 PM
It's that shiny I thought it was a foil hat :rolleyes:

Wood Borer
5th October 2004, 04:08 PM
No Iain,

Foil hats have more hair on them than Christopha's head.

(I shouldn't be throwing stones on this subject)

Do you reckon we will be charged double if Christopha serves us?

I will be stocking up on Shellac and wax again this year at the UBeaut stand, some clamps and whatever else I can fit into my budget.

Iain
5th October 2004, 04:13 PM
Just threaten to buy Rustins or whatever and you might even get a discount :D
But then, Ubeaut is only a backyarder, according to one source a couple of years ago.
Neil was real happy about that one.

Wood Borer
5th October 2004, 04:21 PM
I wouldn't bother asking Neil for a discount. Running the bulletin board costs him money so does attending the show and I appreciate what he does for woodworkers.

Iain
5th October 2004, 04:30 PM
'Twas only a joke, and as I recall, last year he was giving away little samples of his wax.
The backyarder incident was sparked by a representative of another manufacturer, at the WWW show, a dangerous move indeed.
I agree with your comments and at my place you will find most of the Ubeaut range and a couple of Organoils as Neil is still messing around with burnishing oils I believe.
I am happy to support a local product, providing it works, and my only grizzle with Neils products are that I did not start using them until about four years ago.
Ye Gods, the time I could have saved getting a good finish with minimum effort.