PDA

View Full Version : writing on pens

texx
28th June 2010, 07:39 PM
ok i have been muking about for a while trying to put some wording on pens ( due to popular requests) .
i have tired water slide transfers and rub on transfers and they both work but not very well and they are a pain to do , work out very very cheap per each but not happy with the results .
i would like to know if anyone has tried writing on a pen with one of those pyro burn stuff on wood type things .
or if engraving would be an option , no i aint buying an engraver ,can anyone tell me what sort of costs ( ball park figure ) would be involved if getting 20 or 30 pens done at a time all the same text on the pen barrels .
pic is one of my efforts one of the better ones , but its not very robust .

timberbits
28th June 2010, 08:05 PM
Hi Texx

That's a pretty good transfer.

You might want to send a PM to Woodenink (Amos), he has a laser engraver. I am sure you would be able to work something out with him. His very good at what he does and very easy to get along with.

Timberbits.

PenTurner
28th June 2010, 09:06 PM
I have tried the Pyro technique, you need a good artistic hand ,ie be good at hand writing, or else it doesn't look good. Amos:)

bdar
28th June 2010, 09:15 PM
Texx, easiest way to go is to pm Amos (WoodenInk) he does mighty fine laser engraving on pens. It also saves a lot of mucking around. It is worth your while.\
Darren

munruben
29th June 2010, 11:03 PM
I have tried the Pyro technique, you need a good artistic hand ,ie be good at hand writing, or else it doesn't look good. Amos:)I spoke to a lady at the show and she was an expert pyro user and said that she had done several pens in her time but the problem she had was if she lingered too long in one spot, she would burn right through the blank down to the tube. I have seen some less qualified pyro workers efforts and believe me, they leave a lot to be desired.