PDA

View Full Version : Melb WWW Show - SECOND TRY - Back on track

Bully4
30th June 2010, 09:19 PM
Have just found out that there is also going to be a Golf Show on at the showgrounds (Grand Pavillion) on the same w/e as the Melb WWW show, so it may be very very busy re parking over that w/e.

Gunna be a long day for me, Im heading to both shows!!!!!!!!

Lignum
30th June 2010, 10:17 PM
Just hope the WWW Show wont be below par :)

ubeaut
1st July 2010, 02:26 AM
:lolabove: Below par - Very funny. I misread it last time.

Last years show was the best we've done and I have been to every Melb Show since the very first one.

Those who didn't attend missed out on something really special. If this years show is below par it won't be the fault of the organizers who have done a better job at running the shown than anyone else in the past 20 years.

The spark was rekindled again as it was the first show they ran completely in their own right. For the first time in years we have people running the shows who are prepared to listen to suggestions and act in them. Unlike others who listened but never really heard or acted.

More demonstrators this year than ever before and lots of other really good stuff, also more woodwork related Exhibitors than ever before. Anyone who doesn't go (exhibitors or patrons) will certainly miss out on another really special show.

EEE even put on shuttles from car park to exhibition last year along with extra entry gate people, so doubt there will be a problem this year, even with a golf show as well.

r3nov8or
1st July 2010, 02:26 PM
I hope they get the gates sorted this year. Epsom Rd was a nightmare, so I tried the side street and was told if I wasn't on a stand I couldn't use that gate because they wanted to save space at 'that end' for the Wine Show which was starting later (than the WWW show). I told him this gate was open last year and he just shrugged. So lined up in Epsom Rd like every other bunnie - crazy.

As for WWW demonstrators, it may be said there were more than the previous year but a lot of them bought smaller floor space with less 'play gear' in them. Big players like the Makita truck were absent.

Then again I bought more last year than any other year - it happens to fall around my birthday so I choose to spoil myself. :)

The Showgrounds venue, as a venue to showcase wood, is great for natural light, far better than the MECC

Does that help? ;)

RETIRED
1st July 2010, 06:08 PM
Jeffs shed used to have up to 4 shows at the same time and it really made no difference.

Brisbane this year had 3 shows at once and made no difference.

It doesn't matter how many shows are on as most people have varying interests and if interested, make time for all.

rsser
1st July 2010, 06:13 PM
True, but that site was well served by public transport.

Any case, I'll selflessly go out to the new site again and support local businesses by buying as many goodies as will go on the CC :D

The demo program looks pretty good.

Mulgabill
1st July 2010, 06:52 PM
The venue is great and I'm looking forward to the show as usual and watching the new demonstrators. :2tsup:
My only gripe of last years show was the actual access to the Showgrounds (one gate and one attendant) :no:however we are assured that the entry situation has been rectified. I certainly hope so if there are other events apart from the WWS.

ubeaut
1st July 2010, 07:05 PM
I hope they get the gates sorted this year. Epsom Rd was a nightmareCould be wrong but from memory the gate problem was sorted in short time once they found out there was a problem. I believe extra gate staff were put on and the showgrounds admin copped a foot where the sun don't shine for their trouble. It had nothing to do with the WWWShow, it was a showgrounds staffing problem, as were a few other showgrounds related things.

ubeaut
2nd July 2010, 02:51 PM
This thread has been edited, a number of posts deleted and some posts edited to put it back on track.

To see the original thread CLICK HERE (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f135/melb-www-show-120140/#post1174809)

Let's try and keep this one on track, eh.

Neil :U

RedShirtGuy
2nd July 2010, 04:33 PM
Having never been to one of these shindigs (but heard many great things)...is it really a good time/place to buy the big display machinery for a bit of a bargain (provided I take a trailer)? Or am I likely to walk out of there with an armful of just little bits and pieces? (Thinking I might finally be able to find some decent brad point and forstner bits)

Groggy
2nd July 2010, 04:47 PM
Kris, you need to do your research beforehand on brands and prices. You can get some bargains but you can also pick up machinery that has been mishandled (plastic knobs cracked, springs over tensioned etc) so some care needs to be exercised.

Kev Y.
2nd July 2010, 08:11 PM
I am planning on doing just like I did last year. Book into a motel for three days and the catch a tram to the venue.

Hopefully this year the booth for the three day passes will be outside of the entry barrier.

Failing that I may just pre-purchase my tickets on-line if that option is available.

ubeaut
2nd July 2010, 09:07 PM
Or put in some time on the Forum Stand and get an exhibitors pass for the days you work.

RedShirtGuy
I purchased a $3,000+ bandsaw for $1,000 in Sydney - CLICK HERE (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f135/sydney-wws-show-tell-119547/#post1170779) (post #28) of more.

Kev Y.
3rd July 2010, 08:25 PM
Or put in some time on the Forum Stand and get an exhibitors pass for the days you work.

RedShirtGuy
I purchased a $3,000+ bandsaw for $1,000 in Sydney - CLICK HERE (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f135/sydney-wws-show-tell-119547/#post1170779) (post #28) of more.

Ok... count me in already.......:2tsup:

MAPLEMAN
9th August 2010, 08:58 PM
Mapleman will be exhibiting at this years Melbourne W.W.W.show,with as much Qld Maple that i can physically handle.C'mon Melbournian woodworkers,patronize a great show,look forward to seeing you there:2tsup:

Mulgabill
9th August 2010, 09:24 PM
Good news Chris! I will be glad to finally see your wares:;. I look forward to seeing you there.

MAPLEMAN
10th August 2010, 02:54 PM
You too Mulgabill:2tsup:

Ricardito
17th August 2010, 10:17 PM
Mapleman will be exhibiting at this years Melbourne W.W.W.show,with as much Qld Maple that i can physically handle.C'mon Melbournian woodworkers,patronize a great show,look forward to seeing you there:2tsup:

Sorry I would like to go but there is littleinfo bout the show

KevM
17th August 2010, 10:40 PM

Check out the information here (http://www.eee.net.au/showwood.php?id=melbourne) or click on the Timber and working with Wood Shows icon at the top of this page.

watson
17th August 2010, 10:43 PM

Patience my friend..........the show is in October, and heaps of info will be available closer to then, with heaps of planning time available.