PDA

View Full Version : SWMBO's table

bowl-basher
4th July 2010, 05:30 PM
Hi all
The Boss has been requesting a small occasional table for the lounge room and I figure that to make it is one way of getting a bit more shed time :D:D
The top is not turned but is a 40mm slice of red gum the voids were filled with casting resin dyed black and the top is finish sanded to 800#. the center leg is also red gum and the base is Brown Mallee burl. the leg,base and the underside of the top were finished to 400# sealed with N/C sealer and 5 coats of WOP.. at the time of taking these photos the top had had 2 coats of Rustins Plasticoat (the last one 5 mins before) so I couldn't turn it up to show that the burl was turned rather hollow to cut down on the weight
The finished dimensions are 600 dia and 500 high
with a bit of luck this should gain me some shed time credits:D:D
As usual I would love your comments
Bowl-Basher

wood hacker
4th July 2010, 05:55 PM
Beautiful piece BB. :2tsup::2tsup: I would definitely agree that, that is worth some shed time credit.

wheelinround
4th July 2010, 06:00 PM
Graham J isn't that silly she wanted you out of the house for one reason or another To watch soapies or snooze or just pure piece n quiet :U

Table looks good high gloss finish and all, I hope by turning the bottom burl it has he weight to balance the top.

Ozkaban
4th July 2010, 06:06 PM
very nice indeed :2tsup:

Does it weigh much more than an average small car, or is it heavy for it's size??? :D:D:D

SWMBO should be mighty impressed.

Cheers,
Dave

bowl-basher
4th July 2010, 06:12 PM
very nice indeed :2tsup:

Does it weigh much more than an average small car, or is it heavy for it's size??? :D:D:D

SWMBO should be mighty impressed.

Cheers,
Dave
Put it this way
:rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes: you don't stub your toe and laugh about it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

bowl-basher
4th July 2010, 06:14 PM
Graham J isn't that silly she wanted you out of the house for one reason or another To watch soapies or snooze or just pure piece n quiet :U

Table looks good high gloss finish and all, I hope by turning the bottom burl it has he weight to balance the top.

:):):) not only that but I get to go to club tomorow for the full day !!!

wheelinround
4th July 2010, 06:26 PM
I can see the smile on both dials from here well done BB:2tsup:

Ozkaban
4th July 2010, 09:57 PM
Put it this way
:rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes: you don't stub your toe and laugh about it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:2tsup::2tsup::D

woodturner2
4th July 2010, 11:43 PM
great work BB, SWMBO must be happy, love the finish:2tsup:

Lloyd

oldiephred
5th July 2010, 12:34 AM
VERY nice:2tsup::2tsup: