PDA

View Full Version : Ubeaut Rotary Sander

Daddy3x
14th July 2010, 09:46 AM
Have used it two years now, love it, use it all the time. Cutting is getting better so I can now start at higher grits:U The foam portion is now starting to give away, and I would like to replace that part. Can a replacement head just be popped in, maybe even put in a smaller one? I assume it unthreads from the shaft?

NeilS
14th July 2010, 11:52 AM
Send an email or private message to ubeaut and Neil will sort it out for you.

Manuka Jock
14th July 2010, 12:35 PM
Have used it two years now, love it, use it all the time. Cutting is getting better so I can now start at higher grits:U The foam portion is now starting to give away, and I would like to replace that part. Can a replacement head just be popped in, maybe even put in a smaller one? I assume it unthreads from the shaft?
Keep us posted on how you get on with that , will ya DX
Mine needs a refit to :)

corbs
14th July 2010, 07:53 PM
Maybe the solution could be posted in here as I would like a new head for mine too:rolleyes:... handles fine.

Farnk
16th July 2010, 11:24 PM
I've got the vermec version and have gone through a few of the foam heads. Carbatec sells them for around the $20 mark for the 50mm size. The pads just screw onto the shaft.

Manuka Jock
16th July 2010, 11:32 PM
So the new pads come pre glued to the plastic dome ?

Jim Carroll
17th July 2010, 10:45 AM
yes

Manuka Jock
17th July 2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks Jim
I can't find the replacement sanding pads for the Ubeaut rotary sander on the Carbatec site from this side of the ditch :U

Farnk
17th July 2010, 11:46 AM
This is what I was referring to.
Sanding Pads : CARBA-TEC (http://www.carbatec.com.au/sanding-pads_c5260)

Hope it helps.

Manuka Jock
17th July 2010, 11:54 AM
Farnk , how do they fit onto your Ubeaut rotary sander.
Do you have an adaptor of some sort ?

Jim Carroll
17th July 2010, 02:14 PM
U Beaut do not have interchangeable or replacement heads for their rotary sanders.

Usually by the time the head is worn so is the rest.

There is replacement velcro for the head if that is needed

The sanding heads refered to above are for power sanding.

Manuka Jock
17th July 2010, 02:31 PM
The sanding heads refered to above are for power sanding.Yes , I can see that ,

Usually by the time the head is worn so is the rest. Not necessarily .
It would be helpful to the consumer if Ubeaut informed the public that there are no spare parts fro their much vaunted rotary sander.

$90 is far too much to pay for this disposable item .

Jim Carroll
17th July 2010, 06:03 PM
Yes , I can see that ,
Not necessarily .
It would be helpful to the consumer if Ubeaut informed the public that there are no spare parts fro their much vaunted rotary sander.

Where are you paying $90.00 only $66.00 here (http://www.cws.au.com/shop/item/rotary-sander-kit) and a bit less for you over the ditch

Manuka Jock
17th July 2010, 06:21 PM
Where are you paying $90.00 only $66.00 here (http://www.cws.au.com/shop/item/rotary-sander-kit) and a bit less for you over the ditch
Over the ditch .
How do you figure on it being a bit less ?

Jim Carroll
17th July 2010, 08:33 PM
no gst

Manuka Jock
17th July 2010, 08:44 PM
no gst

Yep , 12.5% GST , plus the exchange rate , and whatever import duty , plus the costs for the bloke who is selling it here , , etc etc .

Sturdee
18th July 2010, 12:03 AM

Carbatec New Zealand, according to their website, sells the Tim Skilton one complete for NZ$ 69.85.

Peter.

Manuka Jock
18th July 2010, 12:20 AM
Carbatec New Zealand, according to their website, sells the Tim Skilton one complete for NZ$ 69.85.

Peter.

I know , I have one .

But that is not the point of this thread .This thread is about the throwaway Ubeaut Rotary Sander . The grossly overpriced disposable piece of junk . The one that has no replacement parts . The one that does not last six months of part time use .
Thats what this thread is about .

ubeaut
19th July 2010, 12:16 AM
This thread is about the throwaway Ubeaut Rotary Sander . The grossly overpriced disposable piece of junk . The one that has no replacement parts . The one that does not last six months of part time use .

Try going to the source in future instead of slagging of a product or person in an open forum.

Not like U-Beaut's hard to find around here. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of being on the forums as much as some and hardly ever get a chance to read posts unless their brought to my attention, but if I'm PM'd or emailed I will always get back to you with a fix or answer to a problem as soon as possible.

Everyone with a problem or query has been dealt with in private as should be.

THREAD CLOSED