PDA

View Full Version : Expanding chuck for ryobi thread

gilbo
17th July 2010, 02:56 PM
I have just been given a small Ryobi 10030 wood lathe and would like to buy a small expanding chuck for it. I cannot work out the thread size and on some of the websites I look at I have no idea what to buy. I am a complete beginner and would like to turn some small bowls maybe. Any help would be appreciated.

Manuka Jock
17th July 2010, 03:12 PM
Gilbo , check out this page , it may help you figure out the thread size for the insert
http://www.teknatool.com/products/Chucks/Identifying%20Lathe%20Spindle%20Thread.pdf

Sturdee
17th July 2010, 04:40 PM
I have just been given a small Ryobi 10030 wood lathe and would like to buy a small expanding chuck for it. I cannot work out the thread size and on some of the websites I look at I have no idea what to buy. I am a complete beginner and would like to turn some small bowls maybe. Any help would be appreciated.

Take the faceplate (or if it has a screw on drive centre) to a bolt supplier. They will be able to measure the spindle thread and size for you. That's what I did when I had an old no name lathe.

Peter.

Jim Carroll
17th July 2010, 05:56 PM
Most ryobi lathes were 3/4" x 10tpi.

But if in doubt do as peter suggest and take the faceplate to a bolt store to confirm.