PDA

View Full Version : New baby

kiwigeo
18th July 2010, 11:50 PM
Currently getting built up at the bike shop..should be out riding this baby later on this week.

Carry Pine
19th July 2010, 10:37 PM
I bet it doesn't have those wheels on it!

I've got this one with Eurus wheels and a Chorus 11 groupset. Magic. And comfortable for us old bar$&^ds.

Just can't get the tires right.It's fun experimenting though.

Graham

kiwigeo
19th July 2010, 10:52 PM
I bet it doesn't have those wheels on it!

I've got this one with Eurus wheels and a Chorus 11 groupset. Magic. And comfortable for us old bar$&^ds.

Just can't get the tires right.It's fun experimenting though.

Graham

There are options as far as the wheels go.....Eurus are probably the ones Ill go for. The Groupset will be Super Record....will be a step up from the Shimano 105 I'm running on the Scot CR-1.

Carry Pine
20th July 2010, 09:14 AM
Those Fulcrum XLR's make the bike look like a weapon but the 2 things against them are:
Cost = $2800 and
they are tubular. I would love to be buzzing around on them but if you got a flat you would be finished.
I would love to get hold of some carbon clinchers just to see how they go.

Graham

kiwigeo
20th July 2010, 09:32 AM
According to the catalogue the XLRs come in clincher and tubular versions.

Carry Pine
20th July 2010, 03:43 PM

That catalogue exists only in my dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry to argue.
The extra lights have a clincher version.

Graham (But would be happy to be corrected if only i could smuggle them into the garage.)

kiwigeo
20th July 2010, 05:10 PM
LOL!

Ive given my boss a choice..she can have me tubby and riding a Scott CR-1 or fit and trim and riding a Bianchi.

Carry Pine
21st July 2010, 06:29 PM

Is there a retraction on this statement? Nothing less than an apology written in blood and a core promise (as distinct from non-core promise) not to get my hopes up again will do.

How soon do you get the bike?
I had mine built up at the LBS. Happy to share the financial details but best not for all to see.

If you get XLR's on that Bianchi, make sure they are locked. Your place is only a plane flight away from here.

Graham

kiwigeo
21st July 2010, 06:57 PM
The bike is getting made up at local bike shop. Still waiting on wheels....they'll be Eurus. Will pick it up sometime next week but it will be in between getting back from a trip to NZ and going away again to work so wont get a chance to ride the thing for 3 weeks. :~

Dont worry.....the bike wont be left anywhere without me watching it!

Foo
22nd July 2010, 08:20 PM
Tubs are ok Graham! You just carry a spare one around with you.:)

Foo
22nd July 2010, 08:27 PM
You will be in for a whole lot of hurt Kiwi, if you don't hold up your end of the deal!:D

For what it's worth Australian Cycling Forums is a good site for the sport and general information.:2tsup:

Carry Pine
23rd July 2010, 05:01 PM
Kiwigeo,

I am assuming you are getting the 'Infinito'. There are 2 new models of Bianchi for 2011. These are for the serious people and I guess they are trying to crack one of the teams in the Pro Tour.
BTW, there is a set of those wheels on E Bay.

Photo attached I hope,

Graham

kiwigeo
23rd July 2010, 08:54 PM
Its a 2010 model HOC not a C2C. http://www.bianchi.com/Global/Bikes/Bikes_List.aspx?RangeIDMaster=277&CategoryIDMaster=278&SubCategoryName=HoC

Its of the two models at upper left with a few changes to components.

Cheers Martin

Carry Pine
24th July 2010, 04:33 PM
Sorry martin- getting confused here.
I have the Infinito (for old bug%%ers).
The photo I attached is the 2011 HOC model.

I assume you are getting it in celeste!!!!

Graham

kiwigeo
24th July 2010, 06:01 PM
Alas no its black and white. I got used to the colours with the Scott CR-1 and decided to stay with same.

Im in NZ right now and today found a bike shop in Christchurch with a sale on road shoes. Got a nice pair of Shimano RO86's for a decent price. Am going to try out their SPD-SL cleat system.

Cheers Martin

Carry Pine
24th July 2010, 09:07 PM
[QUOTE=kiwigeo;1183996]Alas no its black and white.

Perhaps you can make up for it with a genuine celeste top, gloves, socks and - dare I say it frame protectors that fit onto the cables. (you'll need 3).

I'm off to NZ- South island, at the end of August and i would like to pick up a t shirt or jersey for a mate from a local bike shop eg: Joes Bikes- Invercargil. Any ideas?

I've bought an Orca brand base layer top from Wiggle (England for $58) but they are $85 in NZ where they are made. Explain that! I reckon it's the second best thing to have next to your skin. I'm buying 2 more to take to NZ. On the tags it says you can wear them for 3 days at a time but I think that's just a NZ thing.

Black and white! You know I'm not going to be able to sleep now.

Graham

kiwigeo
28th July 2010, 08:43 PM
Corrections to earlier posts. The bike is a 2009 model 928 SL HOC. As per pic below but with Euros wheels. Picked the bike up tuesday and have been busy getting used to it. Frame is much smaller and stiffer than the Scot CR-1 but the biggest change is on the hills......Im able to climb in the seat and in higher gears than on the Scott. Still getting used to the Campag group set but the changes are silent and smooth as silk. In the end I went for Look pedals and cleats instead of Shimano SPD-SL's.

kiwigeo
28th July 2010, 08:47 PM
I'm off to NZ- South island, at the end of August and i would like to pick up a t shirt or jersey for a mate from a local bike shop eg: Joes Bikes- Invercargil. Any ideas?

Not familiar with the cycle shop scene in Invercargil....Im a Christchurch born Kiwi-Australian. There seems to have been a major culling out of bike shops in Christchurch of late...two big shpps that were there back in Feb are gone. The main place I shop at is down Colombo Street opposite City South Mall...sorry cant remember the name of the place.

Carry Pine
28th July 2010, 10:04 PM
But what about the celeste stuff?
That's what we're really interested in. At least a water bottle?

Graham

kiwigeo
28th July 2010, 10:06 PM
Dont panic mate...I did get a couple of Bianchi water bottles in celeste but to be brutally honest I wouldn't be seen dead with the things....they look like babys bottles. I gave them to my wife for her gym sessions.

Ive always loved black so the black and white bike is just dandy. It also goes perfectly with my New Zealand riding top.

Carry Pine
28th July 2010, 11:26 PM
[
Ive always loved black so the black and white bike is just dandy. It also goes perfectly with my New Zealand riding top.[/QUOTE]

Them's fightin' words this weekend boy.

(I'm ignoring the heresy re celeste at the beginning of the message).

Graham

kiwigeo
29th July 2010, 01:10 PM
LOL.....you should write a book..."Its ALL about the bike"! :U

No more bike riding for next three weeks as I'm off to work..frustrating.

Carry Pine
29th July 2010, 03:57 PM
Martin,

I have to confess that I ride with a Kiwi and we give each other a fair bit of harassment. The celeste stuff really annoys him so i see no problem in having the 'kit'.
Sorry that you need to get back to work while some of us are easing into retirement. Not too rushed of course.
Attached find photo of the bikes + equipment. Alter the colours to black and white if it's too offensive.

cheers,

Graham

kiwigeo
31st July 2010, 06:57 AM
Celeste tyres????? :o

Carry Pine
31st July 2010, 05:43 PM
Celeste tyres????? :o

Must admit, bought them cheap and don't really like the look- besides not rolling as well as the conti's on the other bike.

I saw a photo of the All blacks in training. I hope you are not disappointed with their new top (unless the celeste one is just a training top).

Graham

Foo
31st July 2010, 08:16 PM
Graham, what are those seats, and how comfy are they???:bike2:

Carry Pine
31st July 2010, 08:51 PM
Graham, what are those seats, and how comfy are they???:bike2:

Selle SMP.
They look a bit threatening but are surprisingly comfortable. There is a hole in the middle. I could go on but look up the advertisements. It says they prevent loss of libido but I'm not an expert in that field.

Graham

Foo
31st July 2010, 09:33 PM
Bargain:B
Thanks Graham, I will check it out.

Gary

Carry Pine
13th August 2010, 08:57 PM
Corrections to earlier posts. The bike is a 2009 model 928 SL HOC. As per pic below but with Euros wheels. Picked the bike up tuesday and have been busy getting used to it. Frame is much smaller and stiffer than the Scot CR-1 but the biggest change is on the hills......Im able to climb in the seat and in higher gears than on the Scott. Still getting used to the Campag group set but the changes are silent and smooth as silk. In the end I went for Look pedals and cleats instead of Shimano SPD-SL's.

Hey has this baby had a christening yet. Love to hear how it went.

(BTW- hot goss Bianchis into Oz no more- will elaborate when i have proof)

Graham

kiwigeo
18th August 2010, 03:00 AM
Hey has this baby had a christening yet. Love to hear how it went.

(BTW- hot goss Bianchis into Oz no more- will elaborate when i have proof)

Graham

Hi Graham,

Me and the bike have been 3000km apart for last 3 weeks while Ive been away at work. Will be home end of the week and get out for a few rides.

Cheers Martin

Carry Pine
18th August 2010, 02:54 PM
And the weather here has been awful. One good day out of 7 and cold as. You haven't missed much.

Graham

Carry Pine
27th November 2010, 01:18 PM
I know where there is a jockey wheel for a trailer. It's a bit big to pick up but the highway maintenance guys must not want it either?

CP