PDA

View Full Version : Wood pistons

Michael Spain
24th July 2010, 02:32 AM
Hi friends, I have tried for all the means to raise the video of a piece that I did last year, but the technology and I it seems that we do not understand:doh: each other, it is a question of the reproduction to real size of a crankshaft with his pistons, quite of wood, the crankshaft is only one eccentric piece, AFRICAN KOTIBE and the pistons of the HAGUE and UTILLE, the base is of WALNUT and the varnish is of polyurethane, 10 layers in entire, polished then hand, to see this video they will have to enter my web (further down there is the link) and then in TORNEADOS-WOODTURNING, I hope that they should like and should mention that it seems to them, a greeting for all.

Torneados-Woodturning (http://www.artesanialmeria.es/page8.php)

Added by : Page is in Spanish but worth a look. (direct link added by me )

tea lady
24th July 2010, 10:44 AM
Fantastic stuff. Love the Da Vinci lathe. :2tsup:

Ed Reiss
24th July 2010, 12:35 PM
Hi Michael...welcome to the forums:U

Nice lathes and nice turnings :2tsup:

artme
24th July 2010, 04:43 PM
Wonderful stuff there Miguel!!!! :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Do you use native Canary Islands timbers in your work?

AND congratulations on being the CHAMPIONS!!

:brava::brava::fireworks::fireworks::cheers2:

woodwork wally
24th July 2010, 06:56 PM
Great turnings and love the daVinci nd Welcome to the forum But hope the file tools have been annealed also you should get rid of the teeth with respect to your tool rest and then temper the area that you will be using allowing for a few sharpenings Cheers www

munruben
24th July 2010, 09:58 PM
Great stuff. :2tsup::2tsup:

Michael Spain
24th July 2010, 10:03 PM
Hi , thank you very much for arranging my post:2tsup:, coincidences, the city where I live also is called VICTORIA (La Victoria) I apologize for my English:-, since I write using an automatic translator and sometimes it is not exact in the sense of the words. artme, in Canaries we have a mark that identifies our products as handmade and in October I take part in a fair here, where there come craftsmen of Latin America, Africa and the whole Spain, I already will put photos.:thewave:

RETIRED
24th July 2010, 10:52 PM
Hi , thank you very much for arranging my post:2tsup:, coincidences, the city where I live also is called VICTORIA (La Victoria) I apologize for my English:-, since I write using an automatic translator and sometimes it is not exact in the sense of the words. artme, in Canaries we have a mark that identifies our products as handmade and in October I take part in a fair here, where there come craftsmen of Latin America, Africa and the whole Spain, I already will put photos.:thewave:No problem and welcome.

RETIRED
24th July 2010, 10:53 PM
Hi , thank you very much for arranging my post:2tsup:, coincidences, the city where I live also is called VICTORIA (La Victoria) I apologize for my English:-, since I write using an automatic translator and sometimes it is not exact in the sense of the words. artme, in Canaries we have a mark that identifies our products as handmade and in October I take part in a fair here, where there come craftsmen of Latin America, Africa and the whole Spain, I already will put photos.:thewave:No problem and welcome. Nice work too.

Dennis Millard
26th July 2010, 05:41 PM
Many years ago, I had a friend who had an old A model Ford and when it broke down, he replaced the piston with one which he turned out of Redgum. It ran for years without problems.

Hi friends, I have tried for all the means to raise the video of a piece that I did last year, but the technology and I it seems that we do not understand:doh: each other, it is a question of the reproduction to real size of a crankshaft with his pistons, quite of wood, the crankshaft is only one eccentric piece, AFRICAN KOTIBE and the pistons of the HAGUE and UTILLE, the base is of WALNUT and the varnish is of polyurethane, 10 layers in entire, polished then hand, to see this video they will have to enter my web (further down there is the link) and then in TORNEADOS-WOODTURNING, I hope that they should like and should mention that it seems to them, a greeting for all.

Torneados-Woodturning (http://www.artesanialmeria.es/page8.php)

Added by : Page is in Spanish but worth a look. (direct link added by me )