PDA

View Full Version : Brought it 6 years ago, Used it for the first time today

rod1949
25th July 2010, 10:05 PM
Yep I brought the Surcare sander 6 years ago (long term planning) and got it out of its box today to finish sanding some Jarrah bench tops that I'm working on. A concern with the machine was with it leaving fine sanding scratches accross the grain, but nothing that I can see so far. With 60 grit pads on the maching the sanding has come up pretty mickey mouse, so with the use of finer pads the tops should be fantastic:2tsup:

Durdge39
25th July 2010, 11:55 PM
Surely you can ride that thing to the shops.

Looks like quite a beast to handle, but would make fodder out of a large surface.

rod1949
26th July 2010, 07:49 AM
Looks like quite a beast to handle...

Durdge,
It is suprisingly easy to handle and it dosen't have any force that wants to take it or you off in its own direction.

Christos
26th July 2010, 08:05 AM
Cool but six years long term planning on using a tool. :C

rod1949
26th July 2010, 08:18 AM
Cool but six years long term planning on using a tool. :C

Don't want to wear it out Christos :wink:

Christos
26th July 2010, 08:38 AM
I get antsy when I purchase a tool and do not use this with in the first six months. :U

Superbunny
26th July 2010, 09:33 PM
A concern with the machine was with it leaving fine sanding scratches accross the grain, but nothing that I can see so far. With 60 grit pads on the maching the sanding has come up pretty mickey mouse, so with the use of finer pads the tops should be fantastic:2tsup:

The test will come when you put a finish on it and then all the scratches will show up. I make sure I finish all my work after the sander with hand sanding but even then you can miss some.:D:D

SB

gooma
27th July 2010, 10:42 AM
Looks like a very cool piece of gear Rod:2tsup:

Bet it`d be ideal for removing epoxy on large slabs, glad to see your finally putting it into action.

cheers
Brad

munruben
29th July 2010, 04:21 PM
Good looking machine. I have a Triton router that I bought about 2 years ago and still haven't used it. Should last me for years.:)

Christos
29th July 2010, 08:56 PM
Good looking machine. I have a Triton router that I bought about 2 years ago and still haven't used it. Should last me for years.:)

Now this is getting serious. :U Who else is going to confess not using their purchased items?

:~

Gaza
29th July 2010, 09:03 PM
i have had a festool domino since xmas this year.

i am still using biscute joiner!!