PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing for shed

JCR
29th July 2010, 01:46 PM
Moved house recently, and am now having a shed put up for my workshop. I have a couple of issues with plumbing.

Because the shed is over some magic size, I have to get rid of rainwater either into a rubble pit, or into the stormwater drains. However, I also want a sink in the shed (e.g. getting rid of the dregs from beer brewing, cleaning the Weber BBQ grill, cleaning paintbrushes). So, potentially nasty stuff could go down the sink. First question - is it legal to hook up household waste to the stormwater drain? I believe it is illegal to connect stormwater runoff into the sewerage drains. If it's illegal to hookup household waste (grey water etc) to the stormwater system, it implies there are three takeoffs for any dwelling - stormwater, sewerage and houshold waste, which seems odd.

If I went the rubble pit way, would the waste stuff make the rubble pit ineffective over time?

Any advice appreciated.

Harry72
29th July 2010, 04:46 PM
What does your local council say?

RETIRED
29th July 2010, 05:13 PM
In Vic the grey water runs into the sewer system

Stormwater out to the street.

If you have to go that way, fit a toilet in the shed as well. Very handy.

wolften
29th July 2010, 06:47 PM
...stormwater into 1 pipe and greywater (sink, shower, dump:)water) into another.

Yonnee
30th July 2010, 12:20 PM
JCR, It is illegal to run stormwater into the sewer. Everything else is connected to sewer and has to be signed off on.