PDA

View Full Version : Kiewa Valley turn-on Xmas-NY 2010/11

Pages : [1] 2

jefferson
29th July 2010, 07:33 PM
An early post on a possible repeat of last year's event.

I haven't asked permission yet - from the wife or the 3 crowd-drawing experts that attended last year. Easier to seek forgiveness than ask permission???

Either way, I am hoping we can get together again at year's end. And it's not just me as there are murmurings among the troops. :D:D:D For good reason too, as , Jim C. and Ken W. did a great job of entertaining us all last time!

I can't promise as to whether we'll have the same roll-up from the illustrious trio as last year, so you lot will have to put some pressure on!

I haven't asked Harry D. either, but I reckon we can put a wood sale on as well! And a BBQ (please Harry). :wink:

Anyway, early expressions of interest are welcome. We had a great turn up last year (DJ excepted, who decided to have a hospital visit instead) and maybe this year will be bigger and better.

We had a visitor from around Sydney last year, so no excuses from Melbournites or even FNQ. Expect temps to be mid to high 30's outside, cool in the shed though.

BYO drinks, tents / vans on 9 acres of quiet solitude in the Kiewa Valley. Some shed accommodation (with A/C) available for early starters.

Same as last year, no set agenda. 2 Vicmarcs to play on, plus the baby VL100 and a Delta mini.

Wives / partners also welcome. Various activities on the menu - pyro, card making, beading etc. IN THE HOUSE, NOT THE SHED. :D

I know it's a good / bad time of the year but hopefully a few can put some time aside again and make it worthwhile.

Only short on a few things, including a STUBBY. :oo:

powderpost
29th July 2010, 08:31 PM
Would love to visit Kiewa Valley around Christmas/New Year Jeff, but we will, hopefully, spoiling a new grandson, besides the climate may not suit. :no: :D
Jim

TTIT
29th July 2010, 11:04 PM
Hmmmm :think: Goulburn Valley for Xmas and a wedding in Melbourne in the New Year - how on earth will I fill in my time in between??? :think:

RETIRED
29th July 2010, 11:13 PM
It is definitely a conundrum Vern.

tea lady
30th July 2010, 12:11 AM
:cool: Prolly be able to wander up again this year. I can spend time in the men's camp AND the women's camp.:D Although I'm sure they would let the blokes have a go at needle work too.:think: :D

Maybe this time I can get there without the usual unintended detour.

Also, can we decide now that there will not be any hospital visits this year. (OK, Ern and DJ? :D )

Pat
30th July 2010, 07:06 AM
I'll wander down, I wonder if any other NSWite will make the journey. MBGitW already has said it's ok for me to go. At least I am not getting permission at 2 minutes to midnight like last year:U

I bags the accommodation in the a/c shed . . . enough for the sleeping roll.

Grumpy John
30th July 2010, 09:26 AM
I would love to come along, however it will be hard to make it if it is on a weekend. I see NYE is on a Friday this year and my work week is Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon :(.

Pat
30th July 2010, 09:38 AM
John, it's between xmas and ny . . . during the week

rsser
30th July 2010, 03:19 PM
Jeff, sounds good.

With luck I'll be with the motorbike club at the Xmas-NY camp at Porepunkah and will come and enjoy your and Anne's legendary hospitality.

RETIRED
2nd December 2010, 07:00 PM
At the moment it looks like the 3 desperados will be there to freeload again.:D

rsser
2nd December 2010, 07:11 PM
That would be Larry, Curly and Mo? :rolleyes:

I've not signed up for the Club riding event over Xmas; bad echoes from last year.

So what's planned?

I could always drive up (shock, horror!).

Jim Carroll
2nd December 2010, 08:18 PM
That would be Larry, Curly and Mo? :rolleyes:

I've not signed up for the Club riding event over Xmas; bad echoes from last year.

So what's planned?

I could always drive up (shock, horror!).

Whats that Ern wont the other clubbies let you play this year.

Nothing planned it is just a see what happens and work from there. If you bring something up for a test I am sure there will be plenty of volunteers.

The girls are getting toey for a bit of a chat and sew session and some Richadonna to wash away the dust.Probably a bit of retail therapy as well.

tea lady
2nd December 2010, 08:24 PM
I'm joining the gang as well. I get to play with the boys AND the girls! :cool: So what shall we say we are making this year! :D

rsser
2nd December 2010, 08:34 PM
No Jim; still coping with the broken wrist.

As it happens, my club mates couldn't have been more supportive after that happened.

Yeah, I could bring up a big lump of elm for the chest thumpers to work with.

By the way, the spelling AFAIK is Riccadonna.

jefferson
2nd December 2010, 08:50 PM
Dates are fluid, but we are talking the Monday-Tues-Wed (I think the 27th-29th Dec).

As Jim has said, nothing set in concrete, though I understand Ken W. will be turning one of his more difficult pieces while here. I wonder..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

All welcome.

Bring a tent / van / camper trailer or otherwise sleep in the shed. No dogs this time please and bring something to eat ie salad or meat for a BBQ.

will be giving an impromptu demo on the differences between a true thumb-nail spindle gouge as against a lady fingernail grind. Especially on coves and rounds. Sorry to have dobbed you in mate, but you're not here for your good looks. :D:D:D. Bugger me, what else could you be here for, aside from the aroma of cigarettes?

Jim and Irene will be sleeping indoors this year, so expect some quid pro quo. Jim on the end of a chisel is a pleasure to behold. :2tsup::2tsup: Sorry Jim, but you are on display. Looking forward to it I might add.

I'm still trying to organise a BIG Stubby for the event - may just have to borrow the 750 from the Club just to keep the Vicmarcs honest.

More lathes this year. More individual turning too. My four (two babies) plus quite a few others.

Focus this time is listening to the wood and the chisels. Between centre work, plus a few redgum platters and maybe one large fiddleback redgum bowl @ 900mm. That will test a few, me included, plus the VL 300 LB outboard.

We shall see. South Oz visitors will be put up in the house, somewhere.

Pat
2nd December 2010, 08:54 PM
Jeff, as long as I can bunk in the shed, I'll be fine :U

Sawdust Maker
2nd December 2010, 08:56 PM
I'd love to come, ... but
Is there any chance of moving it to Port Macquarie? :doh:

Jim Carroll
2nd December 2010, 09:02 PM
No Jim; still coping with the broken wrist. Looks like this is going to be a very long term injury, not one of the easiest things to fix especially when it gets used everyday, Bikes and Skiing on the back burner

As it happens, my club mates couldn't have been more supportive after that happened. As you would expect from all groups

Yeah, I could bring up a big lump of elm for the chest thumpers to work with.

By the way, the spelling AFAIK is Riccadonna. Thanks Ern spelling not one of my better areas

tea lady
2nd December 2010, 09:54 PM
Cool! Its all coming together! Dog staying in a kennel. Bring my other half this time(I don't know who he'll play with! :rolleyes: ) and a tent! :cool: And my tools. :cool:

powderpost
2nd December 2010, 10:17 PM
Sorry Jeff, my 5 week old grandson needs his grandfather. Hopefully you will understand my predicament. :whistling:. Besides it is a bit close to the south pole.
Hope you all have a fun time. :2tsup:
Jim

Grumpy John
2nd December 2010, 10:22 PM
Dates are fluid, but we are talking the Monday-Tues-Wed (I think the 27th-29th Dec).

Perfect, I finish work at 1:00 PM Monday. Quick stop off at home to change clothes and throw the tent and sleeping bag in the car. I should be there in time to throw a snag on the barbie for dinner.

Jeff, if you'd be so kind as to PM the co-ords to punch in to the Garmin :D.

RETIRED
2nd December 2010, 11:04 PM
Perfect, I finish work at 1:00 PM Monday. Quick stop off at home to change clothes and throw the tent and sleeping bag in the car. I should be there in time to throw a snag on the barbie for dinner.

Jeff, if you'd be so kind as to PM the co-ords to punch in to the Garmin :D.I will Pm them to you. John.

Jim Carroll
3rd December 2010, 08:35 AM

Jeff, if you'd be so kind as to PM the co-ords to punch in to the Garmin :D.

John you will find that the GPS does not recognise Jeff & Anns place it gives you an address closer to town so just a matter of drivng a bit further down the road.

Pat
3rd December 2010, 08:45 AM
Jim, for some strange, perverse reason, my gps lead me straight to Jeff's. Maybe I was unlucky:;

Grumpy John
3rd December 2010, 09:08 AM
John you will find that the GPS does not recognise Jeff & Anns place it gives you an address closer to town so just a matter of drivng a bit further down the road.

That's why I asked for co-ordinates, not an address :D.

Jim Carroll
3rd December 2010, 09:20 AM
Jim, for some strange, perverse reason, my gps lead me straight to Jeff's. Maybe I was unlucky:;

We use the Garmin maybe that is the difference.

tea lady
3rd December 2010, 09:22 AM
:hmm: I get there alright just using a map! Aren't you guys any good at reading maps? :D

jefferson
3rd December 2010, 09:55 AM
:hmm: I get there alright just using a map! Aren't you guys any good at reading maps? :D

My recollection of your map-reading skills is a little different to yours, Tea Lady! From memory, you ended up almost at Tallangatta or somewhere miles away!

tea lady
3rd December 2010, 04:23 PM
My recollection of your map-reading skills is a little different to yours, Tea Lady! From memory, you ended up almost at Tallangatta or somewhere miles away!
Tallangatta isn't miles away! Its just over the next valley! :p Can I help it if there are no signs. :D

rsser
3rd December 2010, 04:39 PM
Tie some balloons on the front gate?

RETIRED
3rd December 2010, 04:41 PM
Tallangatta isn't miles away! Its just over the next valley! :p Can I help it if there are no signs. :DAh yes but you went via Tarcutta.:):D

Pat
3rd December 2010, 05:12 PM
Ah yes but you went via Tarcutta.:):D

Cruel but fair. I did a little googling. 20Km of target isn't to bad for TL, but 's accusation of 333Km is a little mean . . . . nah :q

rsser
3rd December 2010, 05:22 PM
Last year TL might even have made it to the old Tallangatta :D

I'll come up with the camper trailer Jeff. Completely self-sufficient apart from a bog but a shovel will sort that out.

Let me know if you'd like me to bring a large lump of green elm.

jefferson
3rd December 2010, 05:28 PM
If someone with a decent sized lathe would turn me up some bollards or similar, everyone would know they had reached the destination. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was thinking something about 3 metres tall with a few beads, fillets and coves..... Arty stuff too. Just gotta find someone who does some "real turning".

RETIRED
3rd December 2010, 08:29 PM
I think there is a bloke in Coffs Harbour that does that stuff. :whistling2:

tea lady
4th December 2010, 10:15 AM
:grumble:

I was coming from Nerrandera! ::p

tea lady
4th December 2010, 10:17 AM
If someone with a decent sized lathe would turn me up some bollards or similar, everyone would know they had reached the destination. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was thinking something about 3 metres tall with a few beads, fillets and coves..... Arty stuff too. Just gotta find someone who does some "real turning".Just get someone to leave their Stubby at the gate! WE only need real lathes in the shed! (Where is Calm anyway! :think: ) :D :runaway:

rsser
4th December 2010, 12:25 PM
For anyone coming up from Melb. I'm happy to share the driving and the camper trailer.

The CT has a queen size mattress and sleeping head to toe is an option, but BYO camp mattress would prob give a more peaceful sleep :U

I'm told I toss and turn and even snore. Not witnessed it so don't believe it but in any case ...

RETIRED
15th December 2010, 06:51 AM
Just to get an idea of final numbers: Who is coming to Kiewa?

tea lady
15th December 2010, 08:36 AM
Me and my other half! Don't know if he wants to go shopping with the girls though! :D He has lived up there, so maybe we won't get lost this time!:p He even said he know where Kiewa was WITHOUT the map! :oo: So reserve us a camp site for a tent. No ants please! :U.

Pat
15th December 2010, 05:12 PM
I'm in . . . the shed:;

RETIRED
15th December 2010, 05:15 PM
I'm in . . . the shed:;Is Dave coming with you?

Pat
15th December 2010, 05:32 PM
Dunno, I haven't heard from him. I'll pm him this evening.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
15th December 2010, 10:25 PM
:sigh:

Not me, sadly.

I'm gonna be counting on you lot to provide lotsa posts 'n photos! :;

Grumpy John
16th December 2010, 06:49 AM
Reserve me a 3m x 3m tent space, also with no ants :rolleyes:.

RETIRED
16th December 2010, 08:13 AM
Me and my other half! Don't know if he wants to go shopping with the girls though! :D He has lived up there, so maybe we won't get lost this time!:p He even said he know where Kiewa was WITHOUT the map! :oo: So reserve us a camp site for a tent. No ants please! :U.

Reserve me a 3m x 3m tent space, also with no ants :rolleyes:.No ants is no problem but snakes are a different story.:D:roflmao:

rsser
16th December 2010, 03:20 PM
So no bare feet!

It's not looking good for me I'm afraid. Waiting on spare parts to complete the camper trailer repairs.

Grumpy John
21st December 2010, 01:48 PM
I'll prolly only stay Monday night and Tuesday. We've put the house on the market and I really need to tidy up and move stuff into storage before the new year.

RETIRED
21st December 2010, 02:30 PM
It looks like we have:

The Holy trinity and partners.:wink:
Pat.
Tea Lady and partner with son.
Grumpy John.
Maybe Ern.

tea lady
21st December 2010, 04:18 PM
It looks like we have:

The Holy trinity and partners.:wink:
Pat.
Tea Lady and partner with son.
Grumpy John.
Maybe Ern.I won't have my son with me! Just my partner! :cool: I get a few days off from being Mum! :U

jefferson
21st December 2010, 05:31 PM
I'll prolly only stay Monday night and Tuesday. We've put the house on the market and I really need to tidy up and move stuff into storage before the new year.

GJ, didn't you just put a new shed up???? :oo::oo::oo:

RETIRED
21st December 2010, 05:53 PM
Nope, just bought another house.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
21st December 2010, 06:01 PM
But one with a large shed... which he could bolt the old new shed onto the side of... :think:

Grumpy John
21st December 2010, 06:41 PM
GJ, didn't you just put a new shed up???? :oo::oo::oo:

Yeah, but I'm upgrading to this:

156486 156487 156488

jefferson
21st December 2010, 06:58 PM
A couple of questions:

- where's the damn house?

- exactly how big is that shed?

Mine is 25 by 9 and YOURS LOOKS BIGGER!!!!!:C:C:C

jefferson
21st December 2010, 07:04 PM
I've had another look at the pics and feel slightly better, but not much. No A/C or heating and no colourbond. Thankyou for small mercies.

Anyway, GJ, you better bring that Escoulen chuck and all the bits up with you. I know I'm short on some bits and pieces, so a comparison would be great. Especially while Jim C. is here!

Grumpy John
21st December 2010, 07:42 PM
I've had another look at the pics and feel slightly better, but not much. No A/C or heating and no colourbond. Thankyou for small mercies.

Anyway, GJ, you better bring that Escoulen chuck and all the bits up with you. I know I'm short on some bits and pieces, so a comparison would be great. Especially while Jim C. is here!

Happy to bring the Escoulen chuck and attachments with me Jeff :2tsup:.

Did I mention that it's got 3 phase power connected, and very friendly neighbours (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f43/robbos-getting-new-neighbours-128512/) :D.

tea lady
21st December 2010, 07:50 PM
Did I mention that it's got 3 phase power connected, and very friendly nieghbours (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f43/robbos-getting-new-neighbours-128512/) :D.cruel john! Cruel! :rolleyes::D (And that there are OTHER SHEDS! :oo::D)

tea lady
21st December 2010, 07:53 PM
Any ideas on what we are actually gonna DO! I don't want a schedule or anything! Just an Idea!

(I've got some miniature turning tool steel I wanted to put handles on. And maybe turn something with. Maybe with a bit of that well traveled Dead finish! :cool: )

We could start another enormous burl bowl like last time. Make it a tradition to never actually finish them.:D

jefferson
21st December 2010, 08:20 PM
Happy to bring the Escoulen chuck and attachments with me Jeff :2tsup:.

Did I mention that it's got 3 phase power connected, and very friendly nieghbours (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f43/robbos-getting-new-neighbours-128512/) :D.

3 phase? Good luck to you. And yes, the Esc. chuck and accessories will be very welcome.

Any ideas on what we are actually gonna DO! I don't want a schedule or anything! Just an Idea!

(I've got some miniature turning tool steel I wanted to put handles on. And maybe turn something with. Maybe with a bit of that well traveled Dead finish! :cool: )

We could start another enormous burl bowl like last time. Make it a tradition to never actually finish them.:D

Tea Lady, as far as I know, the WWW (Wraight, Weird and Wonderful for those that don't know) will be turning a 'complex' box while here. So I guess a few of us will be watching intently.

I also suspect the two production turners in and Jim C. will wander and keep us all on track and safe.

For myself, I want to turn a mid-way simple / complicated box. I've got the book and the instructions and if I get into trouble, well.....

A poor turning outcome for a student means only one thing - poor instruction from the master/s. (I got that one from Vic Wood and I really, really like it.)

So, what about a few days on some boxes?

I can spare some small pieces of ancient redgum & kanooka, plus mulga and gidgee and some queen ebony......

tea lady
21st December 2010, 08:54 PM
:2tsup:Small boxes sounds good. I'll bring some little bits of stuff then too!:cool:

RETIRED
21st December 2010, 09:37 PM
A poor turning outcome for a student means only one thing - poor instruction from the master/s. (I got that one from Vic Wood and I really, really like it.) Ahso, Grasshopper but the kicker is that the student must also be able to absorb and implement the Masters teachings.:whistling2:

Pat
23rd December 2010, 03:30 PM
Jeff, it's just me coming. No other lazy turner from NSW wants to wander down for the show - WWW, & Jim with supporting bit players Ern, Jeff, TL, GJ & myself.

It'll be interesting to see the various methods of box making, especially the hollowing methods.

Is anyone from the local club coming along?

Did you manage to get the Stubbie in the shed, without Ann's knowledge:;

KenW
23rd December 2010, 03:36 PM
3 phase? Good luck to you. And yes, the Esc. chuck and accessories will be very welcome.

Tea Lady, as far as I know, the WWW (Wraight, Weird and Wonderful for those that don't know) will be turning a 'complex' box while here. So I guess a few of us will be watching intently.

I also suspect the two production turners in and Jim C. will wander and keep us all on track and safe.

For myself, I want to turn a mid-way simple / complicated box. I've got the book and the instructions and if I get into trouble, well.....

A poor turning outcome for a student means only one thing - poor instruction from the master/s. (I got that one from Vic Wood and I really, really like it.)

So, what about a few days on some boxes?

I can spare some small pieces of ancient redgum & kanooka, plus mulga and gidgee and some queen ebony......
Jeff, I'm just doing a small box with ten leg/finial pieces and a couple of lid rings, nothing complex.

Vic wasn't talking about Office Workers, when he made that quote.

jefferson
23rd December 2010, 05:00 PM

Pat, there will be a few out from the local club, not sure on numbers though. As for the Stubby, have decided to wait for a VL600 instead.

Jeff, I'm just doing a small box with ten leg/finial pieces and a couple of lid rings, nothing complex.

Vic wasn't talking about Office Workers, when he made that quote.

Well, Ken, if it aint complicated, I guess I can hide you in a corner somewhere rather than on centre stage! :D

And you are quite WRONG, Vic clearly had the likes of me in mind when he talked about his students. He just set higher standards than some other teachers. Then again, I do recall stories of one of his students breaking a bowl gouge on a piece of wood. How's that work, office worker or not? :rolleyes::rolleyes: The name will come to me in time, but it's familiar I know.

Jim Carroll
23rd December 2010, 05:10 PM
And you are quite WRONG, Vic clearly had the likes of me in mind when he talked about his students. He just set higher standards than some other teachers. Then again, I do recall stories of one of his students breaking a bowl gouge on a piece of wood. How's that work, office worker or not? :rolleyes::rolleyes: The name will come to me in time, but it's familiar I know.

Come on Jeff you can do it, think a bit harder or go and have a beer and clear out the dust from todays tiol, I am sure that will help you remember. :D

wheelinround
23rd December 2010, 06:17 PM
Jeff, it's just me coming. No other lazy turner from NSW wants to wander down for the show - WWW, & Jim with supporting bit players Ern, Jeff, TL, GJ & myself.

It'll be interesting to see the various methods of box making, especially the hollowing methods.

Lazy now where's all this turning you have been doing in the week you have been off Pat eh.:q

Pat we decided that we would rather stay at home and use our own lathes instead of being shown up by all these Pro's with lathes we can't afford. Besides I hate sitting around twiddling my thumbs.:U

RETIRED
23rd December 2010, 07:11 PM
being shown up by all these Pro's We don't go there to work. Who has been spreading that rumour? Eh?:D

wheelinround
23rd December 2010, 07:18 PM
We don't go there to work. Who has been spreading that rumour? Eh?:D

No mention of the four lettered word "WORK" But Pat often says there is lots of propositioning goes on.

Sawdust Maker
23rd December 2010, 08:13 PM
Pat

If you see any of the kanooka unattended, grab a bit for me, Can't say I've ever seen it and would be interested in a sample or 2. :2tsup:

jefferson
23rd December 2010, 10:33 PM
For those visiting, you will have a slight detour this trip. Follow the Mt Beauty signs until you hit the detour signs at the Yack turnoff.

Then travel maybe 6-8kms until you see the sign on the left to Tangambalanga. Lindsay Road. (For those that have been here before, it's almost right opposite Harry Dennis' place. )

Take the Lindsay Road, join back up on the Kiewa Valley Highway, go thru the 80 km zone and we are 3kms on the left.

Reason for detour - bridge down after heavy rain a week or so back.

wheelinround
23rd December 2010, 11:02 PM
Pat

If you see any of the kanooka unattended, grab a bit for me, Can't say I've ever seen it and would be interested in a sample or 2. :2tsup:

You can drop it here and I'll pass it on Pat save you the extra 150/200k's of travel.

jefferson
23rd December 2010, 11:13 PM
Lazy now where's all this turning you have been doing in the week you have been off Pat eh.:q

Pat we decided that we would rather stay at home and use our own lathes instead of being shown up by all these Pro's with lathes we can't afford. Besides I hate sitting around twiddling my thumbs.:U

Rest assured, Wheelin, you wouldn't be sitting on your backside. 3 spare Vicmarcs here to play on, plus a Stubby, another Vic and a Yellow Peril. And the pros never show you up, not here anyway. It's just a fun few days and hopefully no mishaps.

Pat

Pat, be warned. My ancient kanooka and redgum is off limits!

wheelinround
23rd December 2010, 11:22 PM
Rest assured, Wheelin, you wouldn't be sitting on your backside. 3 spare Vicmarcs here to play on, plus a Stubby, another Vic and a Yellow Peril. And the pros never show you up, not here anyway. It's just a fun few days and hopefully no mishaps.

Miracle workers to eh :U Pat in that case you'd better pick me up we will have more room for wood to bring home as we won't be bringing the wheelchair home with us if thats the case :;

Pat
24th December 2010, 12:19 AM

Never heard of Kanooka . . . Redgum, yes please:U

jefferson
24th December 2010, 01:02 PM
Come on Jeff you can do it, think a bit harder or go and have a beer and clear out the dust from todays tiol, I am sure that will help you remember. :D

Jim, I took your advice and had an extra few beers last night. Didn't help me recall the name of the offending person, but I do know it wasn't Ken W. Any inferences, aspersions etc that Ken broke the gouge are withdrawn.

rsser
24th December 2010, 01:54 PM
Sorry, I'm out.

Can't get the parts to fix the camper trailer; no longer made.

This time of year, no time for workarounds.

Hope you have fun up there. Look forward to some pics.

Jim Carroll
24th December 2010, 02:43 PM
Jim, I took your advice and had an extra few beers last night. Didn't help me recall the name of the offending person, but I do know it wasn't Ken W. Any inferences, aspersions etc that Ken broke the gouge are withdrawn.

Are you sure Jeff go on have another beer and a bit of a sit down and think hard.:D

jefferson
24th December 2010, 02:58 PM
Alright, Jim. I had an early Crown Lager this arvo and now reckon it's..... Brendan?

If I am wrong, please accept my apologies! :D:D:D

Off to break something myself soon - probably my spirit, as am trying to finish some deep hollowing in mulga.

tea lady
24th December 2010, 05:03 PM
:oo: Oh no! A detour! More getting lost opportunities! :C

:p:D

Pat
24th December 2010, 07:58 PM
Tl, turn off at Wangaratta, go thru Beechworth instead of going to Wodonga.

tea lady
24th December 2010, 08:04 PM
Tl, turn off at Wangaratta, go thru Beechworth instead of going to Wodonga.I think we are taking the scdenic route all teh way from Belgrave. Going through Worri Yallock and up through king valley. :D

rsser
24th December 2010, 08:29 PM
For those coming up the Fume, this may help:

click (http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&doflg=ptk&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=209938818702017960703.0004982472f606d6a4043&ll=-36.348315,146.684647&spn=0.444647,0.891953&z=11)

You'll be turning off the Fume at the Great Alpine Rd.

At Kiewa continue south 3kms past the 80k sign as Jeff said.

Let me know if it's wrong Jeff and I'll amend it.

HarryD
24th December 2010, 10:39 PM
Pat ,
6 definite " locals " will attend , Doug M. Doug H, Col S, Yvonne H, Wayne M , and yours truely Harry D. One or two others have have also expressed interest so could also turn up.
VB 36 demo sheduled for Tuesday afternoon and BBQ to follow.
Wood store is overflowing , Red Gum . English & Black Walnut, Silky Oak, Sweet Chesnut, Californian Redwood, Larch , Silver Poplar, Elm, Oak , Red Stringy Bark , Psuedo Acacia , Pin Oak , Camphor Laurel , London Plane Deodora Cedar, Atlas Cedar to name a few
Harry D

Pat
25th December 2010, 06:27 AM
Pat ,
6 definite " locals " will attend , Doug M. Doug H, Col S, Yvonne H, Wayne M , and yours truely Harry D. One or two others have have also expressed interest so could also turn up.
VB 36 demo sheduled for Tuesday afternoon and BBQ to follow.
Wood store is overflowing , Red Gum . English & Black Walnut, Silky Oak, Sweet Chesnut, Californian Redwood, Larch , Silver Poplar, Elm, Oak , Red Stringy Bark , Psuedo Acacia , Pin Oak , Camphpor Laurel , London Plane Deodora Cedar, Atlas Cedar to name a few
Harry D

Hello Harry, I look forward to seeing the local mob again and raiding the woodstore . . .

tea lady
25th December 2010, 10:06 AM
Wood store is overflowing , Red Gum . English & Black Walnut, Silky Oak, Sweet Chesnut, Californian Redwood, Larch , Silver Poplar, Elm, Oak , Red Stringy Bark , Psuedo Acacia , Pin Oak , Camphpor Laurel , London Plane Deodora Cedar, Atlas Cedar to name a few
Harry DI've turned a few small bits of the pseudo acacia since last year! I like it! Knowing what it was helped me win second prize in a "what wood is this" comp.:cool::U

Pat
26th December 2010, 08:16 PM
Bags packed, time to snore till 0400.

govarney
27th December 2010, 08:29 AM
Gidday,

I'm thinking I might come for a visit on Tuesday. What day do you pull up stumps ?

Sturdee
29th December 2010, 02:42 PM
No posts, no pics, I guess it's not happening.:D

Peter.

Sawdust Maker
29th December 2010, 07:37 PM
No posts, no pics, I guess it's not happening.:D

Peter.

Yeah

another one of those furry stories :roll:

wheelinround
30th December 2010, 08:28 AM
Come on you don't think the poor generator is going to have enough power to run lathes and a computer do you.

Sawdust Maker
30th December 2010, 08:50 AM
Hey
some of them new fangled computers have built in batteries (or so I've heard)

govarney
30th December 2010, 09:24 AM
As requested. :)

Not a lot of turning but a lot of instruction :D

Sturdee
30th December 2010, 11:52 AM
Do I spy Christopha amongst that motley crew?

Peter.

wheelinround
30th December 2010, 01:34 PM
Not unless he's lost weight since Sydney show Peter.

Look at that poor woman there they are making her clean up, typical.

Lot of observers.:U

govarney
30th December 2010, 04:35 PM
In fact she is not cleaning up but is turning on the little Vicmarc (putting the tail stock on the ground).

Just two women turning in this photo. :B

wheelinround
30th December 2010, 04:45 PM
In fact she is not cleaning up but is turning on the little Vicmarc (putting the tail stock on the ground).

Just two women turning in this photo. :B

:? 2 women my apologies I thought the only one was the one bending down.

Pat
30th December 2010, 05:41 PM
Well, back to snivilisation:~

Thanks to Jeff and Ann for putting up with us, the Three Amigos for their tutelage, the Albury/Wodonga crew for the fun and wood and my fellow forumites for their participation.

wheelinround
30th December 2010, 06:43 PM
What new tools Pat no pics yet

Pat
30th December 2010, 07:27 PM
What new tools Pat no pics yet

Just a Dog on the Tuckerbox stubby holder from Gundagai

Trust me . . .

Magswitch Combo Kit for the Bandy, Woodcut double enders & the new collet based handle, 6mm + 10mm P&N bowl gouges . . . I ran out of spending money:;