PDA

View Full Version : Anyone

lb63
11th October 2004, 08:41 PM
I have an Elu wood lathe, typ DB180. It has the date 1984 on it. It works well. There are 4 different tools with it. Can anyone give me some idea of a fair selling price for this item?

outback
11th October 2004, 09:00 PM
'Bout $7.50, but I wouldn't expect you to pay all the freight to my place. :D

Hang in there someone may give a serious answer, but then again i wouldn't count on that either.

Big Mac
11th October 2004, 09:16 PM
there was a couple of those makes sold late last year for $350. Dont know what models

smidsy
11th October 2004, 10:59 PM
The critical specs for a wood lather are swing (the distance between the shaft and the bed which determines the size of the work you can turn) bed length (which determines the length of the work you can turn) motor size, number of speeds and whether the bed is cast iron or steel.
Go to one of the timber shops and find a lathe of simiiar specs to yours, that will tell you what a similiar lathe sells for new, factor in the age and condition of your lathe and you can get an idea of what it's worth.
Cheers
Paul

rsser
12th October 2004, 07:30 AM
These crop up regularly in second-hand machinery supply places. One advertises regularly in the Trading Post down here; don't know whether you have a similar publication/website in NSW.