PDA

View Full Version : Balsamic--Herb Lamb Chops

fenderbelly
5th August 2010, 11:18 AM
I've done this dish twice now, you will not believe how tasty and moist the chops are.
I didn't use the rosemary and used fresh oregano as i have that growing in the garden.

I adjusted the ingredients to suit the number of chops and I grilled for 4 minutes each side

This is a quick way to make delicious lamb chops. The combination of flavors will make those who don't like lamb come back for more.
Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 25 minutes

Yield: Serves 4

Ingredients:

10 lamb rib chops
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
Preparation:

Place lamb chops in a shallow baking dish or resealable. Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, rosemary, honey, mustard, oregano, salt and pepper and pour over chops. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Preheat grill. Grill chops over a medium high heat for about 5 minutes per side on until browned to desired doneness

corbs
5th August 2010, 07:00 PM
looks good Fender... will be having a crack at that one:2tsup::2tsup:

rsser
6th August 2010, 01:44 PM
A simple version runs like this but for loin, forequarter or leg chops:

marinate chops for an hour or so in lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and pepper.

If you can be bothered mush some fresh rosemary in the olive oil first then remove the bigger pieces as it doesn't cook well.

The lemon juice starts the 'cooking' process cos of the acid in it so an hour is all you want.

Fry the chops. You can add the marinade if you like when you turn the chops over but make sure it cooks cos it'll have some lamb 'juice' in it.

fenderbelly
7th August 2010, 12:54 AM
Apologies people, It was only when i read erns reply that i realised i had used loin chops and not rib chops, not much difference i suppose. Or is there.

rsser
7th August 2010, 07:34 AM
Yes as it happens; loins usually much thicker. Rib chops take relatively little time to cook.