PDA

View Full Version : outboard turning bit

bowl-basher
5th August 2010, 09:16 PM
HI All
Hi have just got the parts from Trend to set up the Cougar for out board turning I have outed to mount an 18" bed extension on the stand and make a leg to go from the end of the extension to the ground this will give me 400mm over the bed (more than I can handle at this time)>. I have a second banjo that will live on the extension the only problem is I need to extend the height of the banjo with an adaptor.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.. So Is there some one out there that could make the adaptor as per the atached drawing
Happy to pay just need the damed thing
Regards
Bowl Basher

rsser
7th August 2010, 04:57 PM
Perhaps repeat this post on the metal working section of the forum BB? There are lots of creative and generous members there.

joe greiner
7th August 2010, 08:09 PM
Absent familiarity with Trend or Cougar, wouldn't a second tool rest with a taller post accomplish the same thing?

Cheers,
Joe

bowl-basher
8th August 2010, 01:31 PM
Absent familiarity with Trend or Cougar, wouldn't a second tool rest with a taller post accomplish the same thing?

Cheers,
Joe

You bet it would!!!!!!!!!:((:((:((
But I cant get one from the inporter and the outboard rig they sell is on the same level as the main bed they turn the head 90 and use an extension to the the tool post to come round the corner....
I want to turn the head 180 and the bed extension will be 230MM below the main bed and the weight will still be in line not over the side I will post picks when it is finished
Regards
Bowl Basher