PDA

View Full Version : A couple more casts

dai sensei
7th August 2010, 08:41 PM
I've been busy slicing and dicing timber from tree clearing for the local woodturning club (3 ton :oo:), I'll post separately on that, but needed to make a few pens to relax.

The first is a cast Loofah on a black tube. I rapped the brass sleeve in some loofah, holding it in place with electrical tape, then cast it in the resin saver mold. The tape was turned off as I turned the pen.

The second is a coffee in solid white resin. I had heaps of every other coloured coffee bean cast, but ran out of the white ones. Typical, I had someone ask me for a white one :-

Cheers

cornucopia
7th August 2010, 08:48 PM
Brillant pens- the lufa is stunning :2tsup:

gawdelpus
7th August 2010, 09:13 PM
Damn! more things for my to do list ! hehe, The black looks good I might have to try other colors :) ah well always next week lol. cheers ~ John :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
7th August 2010, 09:42 PM
The luffa is absobloominfantastic :2tsup::2tsup::D

artme
8th August 2010, 08:48 AM
LOve the Lufa in particular!!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Reminds me of the cacus casts.

YYou coul dye the lufa different colours,. Also use different colured resins.

dai sensei
8th August 2010, 03:42 PM
YYou coul dye the lufa different colours...

That's the plan, for on white tubes :wink:. I bought a few loofahs from here (http://www.qetesh.com.au/Natural_Raw_Loofah_p/nrl.htm), they were huge, so should get heaps of blanks from them :2tsup:.

munruben
8th August 2010, 04:47 PM
Nice work as usual Neil. Great looking pens.:2tsup::2tsup:

MBUMIK
8th August 2010, 10:42 PM
looooooffffaaaaaah, looks great, very much like cactus as someone else stated

great job
MIK

dai sensei
9th August 2010, 07:13 PM
looooooffffaaaaaah, looks great, very much like cactus as someone else stated

Yep. Just coloured some for more casting, see the casting & stabilisation forum here (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f204/coloured-loofah-122160/) :U

MBUMIK
10th August 2010, 11:43 AM
i saw this stuff in the wifes shop the other day and thought "i wonder" but no resin at home at the moment to play with

i don't wonder anymore, great minds think alike, or you beat me to the punch, or you read my mind

i had a look at the colors and i like them as well

good luck and great effort

MIK

Rum Pig
10th August 2010, 01:49 PM
Very nice well done:2tsup::2tsup:

I like the coffee pens:2tsup: