PDA

View Full Version : Howdy All

jynks
8th August 2010, 09:21 PM
I’ve been lurking in the background for long enough, time to say HI !!! This forum and the members have been such a valuable reference and source of some great information for me over the past year or so, it’s been great reading everyone’s posts

An ex Army soldier for 20 odd years, now a happy little public servant working with the Dept of Defence. I have always loved working with wood; small projects dominate the wall of fame but no real major project up until I started my patio.

I have bought two 4000 x 850 x 50 pieces of Rose Gum for an outdoor bench in an “L” shape with a central wood fired pizza oven (photos to follow). I reckon this little project will keep me busy for a few weeks or so, I will no doubt be asking for some guidance and tips as I get into the meat of it and look forward in sharing some photos as I go. But first, hello to everyone.

Kel

jynks
9th August 2010, 10:41 PM
Hey, welcome JYNKS, sounds like you have a decent project ahead of you, anyway great to see you here, hope you enjoy the forum, plenty of great advice for you and heaps of friendly smiles.....

;->

artme
10th August 2010, 07:40 AM
G'day Jynks and welcome to the shed!!! :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

What you say is totally correct, a decent and interesting project.

Don't worry mate - you'll fit right in.:D:D:D:)

The others on the welcoming committee must be hibernating.:rolleyes:

munruben
10th August 2010, 09:30 AM
Hi jynks, welcome aboard mate. you will find all the advice you need here. some of it is worth listening to. :)

Christos
10th August 2010, 12:45 PM
Welcome to the forum.

groeneaj
10th August 2010, 05:08 PM
Welcome mate!
Looking forward to seeing your pics!
Andy :2tsup:

orificiam
10th August 2010, 09:55 PM
Hi Kel = abig welcome to the forum
CheersTony.:)