PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Stripes, Sheeps Wool or Curly Jarrah

gmcginty
12th October 2004, 11:09 PM
Just finished this piece. 1200mm long x 600mm wide x 40mm thick. Finished with Livos Oil.
What do you think of the timber pattern?

Regards
Greg

vsquizz
12th October 2004, 11:28 PM
Bloody ripper Greg. Must have taken you hours to draw all those tiger stripes:D

Seriously good looking piece. Looks more like Sheoak?

Cheers

Baz
13th October 2004, 08:59 PM
Greg that is a beautiful piece of fiddle back Jarrah, which Livos oil did you use?
Cheers
Barry

Peter36
14th October 2004, 06:33 PM
Looks terrific - love to have some fiddleback like that

Ben from Vic.
14th October 2004, 09:17 PM
Very nice.

Love the timber.

gmcginty
15th October 2004, 12:43 AM
Hi Baz,
The Livos Oil is called Kunos. Often used in flooring I'm told. Waterproof and hard wearing but only time will tell.
Regards
Greg

E. maculata
15th October 2004, 09:16 AM
That is some nice figure, good use for it, keep it out where all can admire :D

Hugh1
26th October 2004, 07:49 PM
It looks great!

QldWoodie
10th January 2005, 11:21 AM
The Livos Oil is called Kunos. Often used in flooring I'm told. Waterproof and hard wearing but only time will tell.
Greg ... I use Kunos for my woodwork almost exclusively after being introduced to it by Neil Scobie. But on table tops and the like watermarks and moisture rings still show so I have been experimenting lately with mixing some polyurethane (Feast Watson Weatherproof) into the Kunos in various proportions (25% poly, 50% poly etc).

How is your table top now after a few months? Any water marks?

Qw

P.S. This reply to your (October 2004) thread a little slow I admit ... I was trying to order a new supply of Kunos over the www and did a google search which came up with your thread I had previously not seen!

gmcginty
10th January 2005, 11:29 PM
Hi Qw,
I gave the table away to make room for the next project. Sorry can't give a report.
By the way, I apply the oil sparingly (1 coat) and then wipe vigorously to get any excess off. Feels like I'm polishing off the excess.

Regards
Greg