PDA

View Full Version : Annoying trends

nifty
11th August 2010, 02:13 PM
I seem to have this ongoing trend whenever i go out on location and cut someone elses logs. I always try and put the mill where ill be in the sun in winter or in the shade in summer and then line her up so that the wind blows sawdust across the machine. However come the second day i always end up cutting straight into the wind and end up going home looking like a snowman with sore eyes. What other annoying trends have the rest of the mobile sawing community come across?

weisyboy
11th August 2010, 09:02 PM
shrinking logs!

why are they never bigger when u arrive than they were on the phone.

no matter what you will always be covered in sawdust.

nifty
11th August 2010, 09:14 PM
shrinking logs!

why are they never bigger when u arrive than they were on the phone.

no matter what you will always be covered in sawdust.
It just so happens that today i go and check out a job where a guy recons hes got some big blackbutt logs and he wasnt kiddin, but most of the time you are right Carl. Big must mean it wont fit in the fire:D

weisyboy
11th August 2010, 09:36 PM
must not forget "there is definitely no nails in it" ......................... vroooommmm..................... clang......... " oh yer we put a possum box on it 4 years ago."

itsposs
12th August 2010, 10:42 AM
jesus I am glad I only cutting firewood and quater sawing fence posts

MAPLEMAN
12th August 2010, 11:01 AM
Dirt and mud in log centre,seems to dull blade tips very quickly.Definately don't like hitting metal though!!:C

nifty
12th August 2010, 08:56 PM
must not forget "there is definitely no nails in it" ......................... vroooommmm..................... clang......... " oh yer we put a possum box on it 4 years ago."
Funny how they remember about the possum box after you bury the blade and then have to send it back to the saw dentist lol. Why are they called saw doctors when saws have teeth anyway, hey new thread just for a giggle:D Mapleman, mud in the centre of logs is my nemisis as well, when it comes to big blackbutt anyway. Because over here they only grow on waterways its not uncommon to get muddy hearts and dont bandsaws hate it:((

weisyboy
12th August 2010, 09:03 PM
thats what ya get for owning a bandsaw.

nifty
12th August 2010, 09:29 PM
Ford, Holden, Stihl, husqvarna( notice the lower case) swingblade, Bandsaw. Yarda yarda yarda:D

weisyboy
12th August 2010, 09:33 PM
seriously mate if you were closer id get you to do some work for me.:D

nifty
12th August 2010, 09:52 PM
seriously mate if you were closer id get you to do some work for me.:D
Nice to know Carl:2tsup: