PDA

View Full Version : Attachment tool ID

Manuka Jock
16th August 2010, 04:09 PM
Gidday guys

Does this description rings any bells with anyone ? ' tailstock chuck HM-6 '
I've been told by email from a supplier that it is a wood lathe adapter , the Teknatool NOVA Tailstock Chuck Adaptor .
It is not .
Any ideas ?

cheers ,
Jock

Woodlee
17th August 2010, 12:27 AM
Might be to put a three jaw chuck on the tail stock end of your lathe ..
They are made for metal work lathes ,so you can have a three jaw chuck on the spindle and one rotating on the tail stock.
Dont know much about woodies and thier accessories so I'm only guessing.

Manuka Jock
17th August 2010, 12:49 AM
We use 4 jaw chucks :) And I know that any lathe , including our wood lathes , can have a chuck at either end .That is why I was attempting to order the Teknatool adaptor in the first place.

The issue here for me is that the part is not the wood turning part I was enquiring about , as you can see by the product description.
My research so far tells me that it is not a wood lathe accessory at all.
That is why I am asking around , to find out exactly what it is.
This is not the first time that the supplier has mucked me around with incompetence .
If and when I find out exactly what the sort of machine the ' ' tailstock chuck HM-6 ' is for , I will contact the manager about this issue .
I know one thing that it is not , and that is , that it is not a Teknatool NOVA Tailstock Chuck Adaptor .

cheers,
Jock

pipeclay
17th August 2010, 05:48 AM
The best I can find is the HM6 is a refference to either a M/T1 or 2 drill chuck.

I would guess the HM6 refference is to the size of chuck,this on being 13mm ,it is a keyed chuck for use in the tailstock.

Woodlee
17th August 2010, 09:55 PM
My home made wood lathe has a three jaw chuck that screws onto the spindle.That way I can mount what ever drive centre I like in the lathe ,including large hex head screws for screw chucks.
Here's a link to what I'm on about ,it will take a 3 or a four jaw chuck ,or any other tool that has the correct thread.
The tool or chuck screws on to the thread and the whole thing revolves on a bearing like a live centre .
RDG Tools - Online Engineering Tools Revolving Tailstock Chuck Adaptor for Myford Lathe (http://www.rdgtools.co.uk/acatalog/info_1573.html)

I reckon pipeclay is correct in that its a drill chuck ,I googled HM-6 and all I got was references to drill chucks.

Kev.

Manuka Jock
17th August 2010, 10:33 PM
I reckon pipeclay is correct in that its a drill chuck ,I googled HM-6 and all I got was references to drill chucks.

Kev.

Yes, thats all I got too . Initially I thought that I had missed it on the net .

I received another email reply today from the 'supplier' , giving me a freephone number to ring. I did so , and found that I was speaking the the boss.
And yep , the so called tail stock chuck HM-6 is a drill chuck . Ya gotta wonder where they get these clowns from .
How did he come up with 'drill chuck' from Teknatool NOVA Tailstock Chuck Adaptor ?
The boss is no better. Rather than read the series of emails himself , he relied on his own guesswork .
He tried to sell me something 'better' .
There is no better in this instance . The piece I am after fits the Teknatool system .

All they had to do was tell the truth , that they do not stock that item and that they are not going to get it in.

cheers guys ,
Jock