PDA

View Full Version : our new horse

Farm boy
17th August 2010, 08:04 PM
we gave up on aussie stock horse (to old to get bucked off) we were lucky the people we bought him off were glad to get him back:D
my wife got on the net after a glass or 2 of red and found our new baby
he was called spook but i renamed him duke it sounds better
he is a 9 year old clydsdale cross and very well behaved:2tsup:

NCArcher
17th August 2010, 09:04 PM
He looks good. Clydy crosses have a great temperament.

Old farmer
17th August 2010, 09:11 PM
Looks a beauty, Farm boy, great age, too. You will know that, with his white feet, he will lame quickly if he works after throwing a shoe. Hope you do not mind the comment.

munruben
17th August 2010, 11:35 PM
Nice :2tsup:

Ashore
18th August 2010, 01:50 AM
Looks good Greg :2tsup:

my wife got on the net after a glass or 2 of red and found our new baby

Was that your Red or red red :D

cultana
18th August 2010, 02:20 PM
Very nice looking horse. Also nice straight back on him as well.

Now that guy holding the lead rope look more worried than the horse, or just camera shy?:D

I bet the farrier will be happy as well, some nice size 5+ shoes coming along. As mentioned watch the white hooves. they wear very quickly under work.

Manuka Jock
18th August 2010, 05:32 PM
he is a 9 year old clydsdale cross and very well behaved:2tsup:

Thats a fine looking horse there Farm Boy .
But are you sure that he is a draught horse cross , he looks a bit wee. ? :U

Farm boy
18th August 2010, 10:02 PM
thanks for the encouraging words guys
yes russell the wife attacked our barrell of red before picking this horse 100% better than a stock horse,i take my hat off to guys who work with stock horses they are not for once in a blue moon pleasure riders :rolleyes: as we found out
i now have to pick a saddle to get, i like the bates dressage/gp saddle they are a bit lighter than a stock and with my weight duke doesnt need a heavy saddle to go with me as well :D
we dont know what he is crossed with he has the stockinece (sic)of a clydie manuka but dont know what the other half was no help from were we got him she was unsure of history but these are the brands and numbers on his shoulders 4 over 1 indicates 4th foal from 2001 but z with a slash not to sure can any one help?
greg

Manuka Jock
18th August 2010, 10:26 PM
Greg ,
your wee horse has the dapple gray coat and the feathers of a Percheron .
Percheron - Google Search (http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1T4GZAZ_enNZ366NZ367&q=Percheron+&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai)
Clydesdales are only dappled when young and their colouring and feathers are different . They have a distinctive Roman nose that transcends generations
Google (http://www.google.co.nz/#hl=en&source=hp&q=Clydesdales+&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=618b11c3a4b8fd76)
Check out those links , see what you reckon .

By the looks of it , the other parent must have been a very small horse , or the heavy parent was a few generations back

Farm boy
19th August 2010, 08:55 AM
you could be right jock

we only took the girls word for it and she didnt know his background
you have made the wife happy if he has percherion in him as that is one of her favourite breeds
greg

cultana
24th August 2010, 10:38 PM
z with a slash not to sure can any one help?
greg

This is a registered brand normally used by studs.
You should be able to check up on the owner of the brand via the state resistor of brands in NSW. Forget which department it is.
Some people have the their brand registered across several states (:D).

Hope that helps.

Farm boy
25th August 2010, 08:36 PM
no luck with the brand so far some one sugested it was from packers farm at ellerston

cultana
25th August 2010, 10:16 PM
The horse is old enough to have done a bit of interstate travelling. That just adds to the problem, so don't assume its a NSW horse.
The people you bought it from should be able to point to the owners before them. And so it goes on slowly.