PDA

View Full Version : Machine shops for small jobs in Sydney

zcream
18th August 2010, 12:24 AM
I had a project where I replace the front solid silicone wheels from a wheelchair with pneumatic wheels. I need this as I am shooting a film and this is my way of getting smooth camera shots. The wheelchair is pneumatic but the front wheels are still solid silicone.

So I got pneumatic tires (8-inch) - however I need to replace the yoke with a wider one since the pneumatics are obviously wider than the older tires.

Normal yoke in a U-shape offset slightly to allow the castor action. 3 holes - one for the castor bearing and 2 to fit in the wheel.

Need someone in Sydney so I can take the original yoke to show measurements and explain what I am talking about..

any recommendations for a workshop or a machine shop ??

nadroj
18th August 2010, 10:07 AM
Sounds like a job for a welder?
Been a few years now, but I used to go to Thorburn's in Gladesville for this sort of thing.

Jordan

zcream
18th August 2010, 03:23 PM
I went to Thorburn's and gave them the job details. They are very busy and dont seem to have much time. Hopefully they will be able to do the job.

Sounds like a job for a welder?
Been a few years now, but I used to go to Thorburn's in Gladesville for this sort of thing.

Jordan

.RC.
18th August 2010, 04:24 PM
A lot of shops do not want to do one off's and small work.. Around here if you can carry it into the shop they do not want to know about it... And anyway you cannot afford them due to the mining industry...