PDA

View Full Version : Can You Make Models?

AUSSIE
19th August 2010, 10:45 AM
This is a short story on a great model maker in Oregon USA.
I am in contact with Bill,He gives me a hard time.Saying that I only make wooden toys.
He is nearly right:D
I dont think Bill could be beaten,but this may make some of us lift our game a bit.Have a look till the end of video.Done in 2002

Oregon Art Beat — Bill Hudson's Miniatures Oregon Public Broadcasting (http://www.opb.org/programs/artbeat/segments/view/185)

elderly
19th August 2010, 04:32 PM
I guess he is right aussie we are toy makers not model makers. Bill's work is brilliant.

munruben
19th August 2010, 05:38 PM
Incredible. Thanks for the link Ross.:2tsup:

WoodJunky
19th August 2010, 09:25 PM
Wow, that was an absolutely amazing video

Bill's work is certainly outstanding

Thanks for the sharing

artme
23rd August 2010, 01:48 PM
Incredible!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

wheelinround
23rd August 2010, 02:17 PM
Amature stuff Aussie.

As he says its a hobby not a profession he mentions not mass producing them yet he has 4 model cars in various states of build. Like his wagons he never just makes one. Whats that he sells them does that not make it a profession :rolleyes: making colletor pieces. I agree with the US tax dept he is a professional artist not a hobbiest

A purest is Bill never can step outside the limits, must be a real object, now if he was asked to build a model of anything other than a US made piece he'd cringe, wouldn't know how cant in fact. Believes that no other design was ever used or implemented.:U:;

Ask him to make a toy Ross.

Mutawintji
27th February 2013, 07:37 AM
Beautiful work. Love this forum and the surprises it brings up.

Greg