PDA

View Full Version : 10 HB Assembly

Graham Jones
17th October 2004, 09:44 PM
Just spent the day unpacking and bolting together the THC-10HB that I've spent the past month threatening to buy.
My question to the guys and probably gals who have already completed this task concerns the table wings and getting them to level with the center table,took a lot of filing and fine tuning to get them looking flat.
Has anyone else run up against this or is it just the luck of the draw?
Worth the effort though,the finished job looks preety hot,can't wait to fire it up.

bitingmidge
17th October 2004, 09:50 PM
Mine was a generic Contractor's saw, and it took more than a day!

I used files, feeler gauges as shims, tapped more holes and added brackets!!! But it was cheap, and did the job well at the time.

Never did get the table completely flat, but had sleds that were!
Cheers,
P

AlexS
17th October 2004, 10:12 PM
Graham, I think it must be the luck of the draw. My TSC 10HB went together with no problems - thank goodness. But I think I remember someone having similar problems to yours.
Have to admit I was plesantly surprised at the quality of the finish & fit.

:)

Graham Jones
17th October 2004, 10:43 PM
I'll agree that the overall finish is good and looks like it will give years of hard work,just thought that price bracket would have been less worries,maybee that comes in the next price bracket.

rodm
18th October 2004, 12:29 AM
Mine took a bit of fiddling but it went together without modifying wings or adding shims. They are a quality saw and the ground top does make a difference. You will find that because it is such a good finish any surface rust is very obvious. I polish my top at least once a month and keep it covered with a old bed sheet when not in use.
You have got a fine table saw and I hope you enjoy your new machine.

silentC
18th October 2004, 09:57 AM
I had to add a couple of shims to get the side wings in plane. I just used some shim brass.

craigb
18th October 2004, 10:23 AM
I had to shim one of my side wings. I just used some masking tape.

The other wing didn't need any shimming.

Dean
18th October 2004, 12:29 PM
No problem for me. Mine leveled out nicely on both sides with no shimming required.

Toggy
18th October 2004, 09:37 PM
Aw, stop it you lot. I'm jealous. T haven't got one of those toys to play with. Tool envy!! Mechanical type that is.

Ken