PDA

View Full Version : Three Rollies

A Duke
31st August 2010, 08:54 PM
Here are my attempts at making steam rollers

Yonnee
31st August 2010, 10:57 PM
Nice work Hugh. :welldone:

Are they for littlies? If so, I hate for little fingers to get jammed when the front axle frame pivots. You wouldn't have to make them pivot... Matchbox & Hot Wheels cars and Tonka vehicles dont steer.

Also, I reckon delete the spacer for the rear wheel and double the wheels width.

But that's just my 2c. :;
No disrespect meant... :no:

Keep up the good work, and :welcomeani: aboard by the way.

munruben
31st August 2010, 10:58 PM
They look like a lot of fun Hugh, good work.:2tsup:

Charleville
1st September 2010, 01:24 PM
They are beauties! Well done! :)

A Duke
1st September 2010, 02:17 PM
Nice work Hugh. :welldone:

Are they for littlies? If so, I hate for little fingers to get jammed when the front axle frame pivots. You wouldn't have to make them pivot... Matchbox & Hot Wheels cars and Tonka vehicles dont steer.

Also, I reckon delete the spacer for the rear wheel and double the wheels width.

But that's just my 2c. :;
No disrespect meant... :no:

Keep up the good work, and :welcomeani: aboard by the way.
Hi Yonnee,
You gave me quite a turn with your concern about the steering arm and little fingers. I have checked them out think they are quite safe the arm is limited by the body and stops before any pinch points are created and as the wood is smooth fingers will slide without getting nipped.
The spacers were a much fancier design but as I don't have a lathe they don't have the narrower middle. I think they look better than they would with wider wheels. If I had designed from scratch they would probably have had a modern OH&S roll cage.
They are part of a charity drive and I would hope the person who matches the toys to the littlies will take every thing into consideration but one still has to remember younger siblings and mates.

artme
1st September 2010, 05:45 PM
Nice work Hugh!! and for a good cause too!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Yonnee
1st September 2010, 07:06 PM
...they would probably have had a modern OH&S roll cage.

:roflmao::rofl::lolabove:

Good stuff. I'm sure they will be well loved. :2tsup:

A Duke
3rd September 2010, 06:11 PM
They are on their way. 3 days after leaving home they are visiting the Woodworking show.
The Triton Owners Club ACT, the Majura Men's Shed and The Woodworkers Guild are hoping to donate 1000 toys between them to charities by Christmas.