PDA

View Full Version : Hugie's Elm

wheelinround
6th September 2010, 10:42 AM
Hughie thanks again for another great piece of wood glad you were at the Sydney GtG to identify it.

Elm DO finish sanded to 1000.

Ed Reiss
6th September 2010, 11:43 AM
Nice piece Ray :2tsup:

hughie
6th September 2010, 12:49 PM
Hughie thanks again for another great piece of wood glad you were at the Sydney GtG to identify it.

glad to of service :U got another piece for you about the same size.

artme
6th September 2010, 02:24 PM
:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: Noice!

wheelinround
6th September 2010, 03:00 PM
glad to of service :U got another piece for you about the same size.

So you said in front of witness, I was hoping I'd open the front door and see it and Rum Pigs tools sitting there. :~ He emailed this morning said LOHL is taking aim setting sights etc. Reckens he sent a PM with his address.:roll:

Sawdust Maker
6th September 2010, 10:31 PM
Nice bit of wood that :2tsup:

thumb trimmer
7th September 2010, 11:06 PM
Nice job Ray. :2tsup:

D'you end up sorting out the raised grain on the inside edge?

TT

wheelinround
8th September 2010, 09:15 AM
Nice job Ray. :2tsup:

D'you end up sorting out the raised grain on the inside edge?

TT

Yes took to it with a stiff brush most broke away more sanding and then DO :2tsup:

Ed Reiss
8th September 2010, 12:23 PM
Depriving Hughie of his hard earned elm :o ...you should be ashamed of you'self Ray...kids not having enough cell phones, or computers. Does Ray give a tinkers damn about that...No, all he's interested in is grabbing up all the elm that Hughie has so fastidiously collected over the years:C

At minimum Ray should sign over the family ute as a gesture of appreciation!

Poor Hughie, let me know if you need some elm, but if I send some your way just don't let speed demon Ray near the replenished stock.:q:D:D

hughie
8th September 2010, 01:07 PM
[Depriving Hughie of his hard earned elm :o ...you should be ashamed of you'self Ray...kids not having enough cell phones, or computers. Does Ray give a tinkers damn about that...No, all he's interested in is grabbing up all the elm that Hughie has so fastidiously collected over the years:C
At minimum Ray should sign over the family ute as a gesture of appreciation!
Poor Hughie, let me know if you need some elm, but if I send some your way just don't let speed demon Ray near the replenished stock.:q:D:D

Yes, yes :bawl: :bawl: its all true, and he fights dirty, if I don't get it to him, he will run me over with his wheel chair. :scareboo:

:saddest::saddest::saddest:

Rum Pig
8th September 2010, 02:09 PM
So you said in front of witness, I was hoping I'd open the front door and see it and Rum Pigs tools sitting there. :~ He emailed this morning said LOHL is taking aim setting sights etc. Reckens he sent a PM with his address.:roll:

Swmbo is ready at any moment, we just need to work out how to mount this trophy on the wall:o

wheelinround
8th September 2010, 06:00 PM
:rotfl: @ 3 comments above:aro-u:

:yippy::hpydans2: Thanks Hughie got home to see a Golden orb of Elm sitting on the front doorstep :harhar:

Oh Hughie would a nice piece of Poplar do as a replacement. ??? Its still green so will be easy for you to turn :U let me know and I'll bring a bit home next week.

:no: Not tools though Justin so forget the trophy board.:roll:

:photo3: tomorrow.

hughie
9th September 2010, 10:47 AM
Ray, Nah I will pass on the poplar had some before, never really impressed me a bit fibrous.
But I appreciate the offer :2tsup:, once the sheds up I have another stash at mates house about half a ute load. Its been so long cant exactly remember what it all was:?. So I am not short of a few blanks.

wheelinround
9th September 2010, 03:06 PM
Ray, Nah I will pass on the poplar had some before, never really impressed me a bit fibrous.
But I appreciate the offer :2tsup:, once the sheds up I have another stash at mates house about half a ute load. Its been so long cant exactly remember what it all was:?. So I am not short of a few blanks.

Know what you mean I now have a good stash at OTGA also, White Cedar, poplar, Camphor small bits, more of the Acacia/bottle brush at MiL.s

Trimmed the Elm up a bit this morning ready for next week on the Nova and I'll try make a matching pair. Just need another glass try:doh: