PDA

View Full Version : Proserpine Turnout 2010

Pages : [1] 2

Old Croc
8th September 2010, 01:44 PM
The application forms are up on the website, http://www.proserpinewoodturners.com/ApplicationForm.html so who is going,
you still alive Cliffie?:D
see ya there,
Crocy.

RETIRED
8th September 2010, 03:44 PM
I will be there.

TTIT
8th September 2010, 04:02 PM
.....see ya there,
Crocy.??? So the weddings off then?!?!?!?

I'm still trying to work out how I can fit it in with being in Brissy until Thursday :C

powderpost
8th September 2010, 08:43 PM
I will be there too.. :2tsup:
Jim

Old Croc
9th September 2010, 01:09 PM
??? So the weddings off then?!?!?!?

I'm still trying to work out how I can fit it in with being in Brissy until Thursday :C

Yea Vern, the wedding is off, dowry has been refunded, and she is coming back home to me, :o God help us!!
Brissy to Prossie is only a short drive, LOL, i am sure you can work it out, hate for you to miss it.Forgot you were going to the concert, I was thinking of dropping by on my return from south, collecting timber, and arriving back at Prossie in time for the Turnout. Have you found any Red Lancewood for me yet?
regards,
Crocy.

TTIT
9th September 2010, 04:36 PM
................. Have you found any Red Lancewood for me yet?
regards,
Crocy.Should see the logs we got on the weekend :o:o:o Went out between Jericho and Barcaldine with the club - didn't know Dead-Finish grew that big - and barely any piping at all. Some big Gidgee out there too but we only grabbed one and had to get out before the rain hit - oops too late - 4WD train to pull the 3ton trailer out through red mud up to your knees. Got a nice Desert Oak log for moi and a little bit of Sandalwood, Mulga and some Golden parrot tree to try out too. Home through some minor flooding - even took the "Tree Terrorist In Training" along for the drive - top weekend :U

mkypenturner
12th September 2010, 09:50 PM
am thinking of making the trip this year after all its only an hour up the road :2tsup:
so who else is going to be there from the forum ????

opelblues
12th September 2010, 10:45 PM
im going this year, not staying overnight, but going

Mrs Woodpecker
20th September 2010, 02:46 PM
Should see the logs we got on the weekend :o:o:o Went out between Jericho and Barcaldine with the club - didn't know Dead-Finish grew that big - and barely any piping at all. Some big Gidgee out there too but we only grabbed one and had to get out before the rain hit - oops too late - 4WD train to pull the 3ton trailer out through red mud up to your knees. Got a nice Desert Oak log for moi and a little bit of Sandalwood, Mulga and some Golden parrot tree to try out too. Home through some minor flooding - even took the "Tree Terrorist In Training" along for the drive - top weekend :U
Had to leave the computer for an hour or so - too sad after reading about all that beautiful CQ timber you got Vern - especially the dead finish. No such timber down here. ENJOY !!!! Will get to Prosvegas one of these days. Cheers, Shirley

Cliff Rogers
24th September 2010, 02:55 PM
The application forms are up on the website, Application Form (http://www.proserpinewoodturners.com/ApplicationForm.html) so who is going,
you still alive Cliffie?:D
see ya there,
Crocy.
Yup still here, missed this, thanks for the call.

I wasn't formally invited this year... I don't know why? :?

TTIT
24th September 2010, 03:08 PM

I wasn't formally invited this year... I don't know why? :?Cos' you only get one shot at the number one ticket :;

Cliff Rogers
24th September 2010, 04:34 PM
Barry from Townsville used to get it every year. :D

tea lady
24th September 2010, 05:29 PM
Should see the logs we got on the weekend :o:o:o Went out between Jericho and Barcaldine with the club - didn't know Dead-Finish grew that big - and barely any piping at all. Some big Gidgee out there too but we only grabbed one and had to get out before the rain hit - oops too late - 4WD train to pull the 3ton trailer out through red mud up to your knees. Got a nice Desert Oak log for moi and a little bit of Sandalwood, Mulga and some Golden parrot tree to try out too. Home through some minor flooding - even took the "Tree Terrorist In Training" along for the drive - top weekend :U:o Your club has much more interesting outings than mine. :C Prossy is just the wrong timing for me though. I have to stay home and be mother.:saddest:

WOODY70
24th September 2010, 06:53 PM

I wasn't formally invited this year... I don't know why? :?
That's because I didn't want you to drink all my port again!!!!!:D

See you there Cliffy

Dave

Cliff Rogers
24th September 2010, 10:39 PM
ALL your port? :rolleyes:

dai sensei
26th September 2010, 01:17 PM
I'd love to go, especially since it is a special one, but the timing doesn't suit me either. But perhaps I could fly up, rather than drive, just for the weekend :think: If so, where does one stay whilst there? Anyone recommend a hotel or something?

Probably going to be a bit warm, but here I am in Bali at the moment at 34 hot and sticky :U

WOODY70
26th September 2010, 04:10 PM
I'd love to go, especially since it is a special one, but the timing doesn't suit me either. But perhaps I could fly up, rather than drive, just for the weekend :think: If so, where does one stay whilst there? Anyone recommend a hotel or something?

Probably going to be a bit warm, but here I am in Bali at the moment at 34 hot and sticky :U
Neil,
It's just like Q turn at Somerset your accom is included at the camp. Camp kanga at the base of the prossy dam. Just a hop skip and a jump from your bed to your lathe and food.
Last year there was 130 people with 50 lathes. You'll have a ball we all do.
Fly to Proserpine and let CJ know your arrangements and he will have you met when you land and get you back to the airport when it's all over.

Plenty of guys going from Brisbane to.

Good way to go flying as there are some good specials at pres.
See www.proserpinewoodturners.com (http://www.proserpinewoodturners.com) for more details.
Contact CJ on [email protected]
07 49461211

Hope to see you there!!!!!

Dave:2tsup:

Old Croc
28th September 2010, 02:18 PM
Seriously thinking of branching out from doing bowls and getting some tuition on a skew, any offers, Jimmy?:D
Also have one of those Sorby threading tools but dont know how to use it, again, any offers?
regards,
Crocy.

RETIRED
28th September 2010, 05:08 PM
Seriously thinking of branching out from doing bowls and getting some tuition on a skew, any offers, Jimmy?:D
Also have one of those Sorby threading tools but dont know how to use it, again, any offers?
regards,
Crocy.If you are serious, I will show you. Gladly.

powderpost
28th September 2010, 09:20 PM
and I will check up on him to see if he tells you the truth. :)
Jim

Skew ChiDAMN!!
28th September 2010, 09:34 PM

A skew will do lovely spirals. As many find out to their dismay. Dunno if you'd call the results a "thread" though! :U

wheelinround
28th September 2010, 09:47 PM
Powderpost loves the Skew really good at doing threads with it even better with Osage Orange. :U

Old Croc
30th September 2010, 01:26 PM
If you are serious, I will show you. Gladly.
Yes Ian, willing to branch out
[QUOTE=powderpost;1215365]and I will check up on him to see if he tells you the truth. :)
And yes, Jimmy, allways willing to learn,
Doing a run to Nth NSW to pick up a couple of tons of timber in the week before, so will have plenty of practice timber.
Just got to get Vern up there.
regards,
Crocy

RETIRED
30th September 2010, 05:15 PM
Yes Ian, willing to branch out
[QUOTE=powderpost;1215365]and I will check up on him to see if he tells you the truth. :)
And yes, Jimmy, allways willing to learn,
Doing a run to Nth NSW to pick up a couple of tons of timber in the week before, so will have plenty of practice timber.
Just got to get Vern up there.
regards,
Crocy
Definitely.

Cliff Rogers
30th September 2010, 10:13 PM
Don't worry about Vern, if he doesn't turn up, I'll mind his timber for him. :rolleyes:

TTIT
1st October 2010, 05:23 PM
Don't worry about Vern, if he doesn't turn up, I'll mind his timber for him. :rolleyes::o !! Timber !! :o - did somebody mention 'timber' !!!! :o

Working on it guy's - taken too much leave this year already :B http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/blush-anim-cl.gif - I don't look well though do I? :ill: http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/ill.gif I think I can feel something coming on :shhh:

RETIRED
1st October 2010, 05:47 PM
:o !! Timber !! :o - did somebody mention 'timber' !!!! :o

Working on it guy's - taken too much leave this year already :B http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/blush-anim-cl.gif - I don't look well though do I? :ill: http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/ill.gif I think I can feel something coming on :shhh:Timberitis can be fatal if not treated. I think you need to take a week off Vern.

Cliff Rogers
4th October 2010, 09:29 PM
Just got home from Longreach again, I got some more Dead Finish. :2tsup:

Old Croc
8th October 2010, 02:26 PM
Just got home from Longreach again, I got some more Dead Finish. :2tsup:
I am seriously not going to share anything with you or Vern again. Going out and getting Red Lance wood and Dead finish without me, that's as bad as hogging all the red claw:D

jefferson
8th October 2010, 07:17 PM
I thought Red Lancewood and Dead Finish were the same thing????

Cliff Rogers
8th October 2010, 08:09 PM
I thought Red Lancewood and Dead Finish were the same thing????
Yes, and no.

Dead Finish Acacia carnei
Dead Finish Acacia tetragonophylla
Dead Finish Archidendropsis basaltica
Dead Finish Eucalyptus cloeziana

Red lancewood Albizia basaltica
Red Lancewood Archidendropsis basaltica

Now, to make it worse.... Acacia basaltica became Albizia basaltica and is now called Archidendropsis basaltica.

Generally, we are talking about Archidendropsis basaltica but it is variable & the timber can be different shades of brown with a purple tinge or red.

RETIRED
8th October 2010, 08:12 PM
Yes, and no.

Dead Finish Acacia carnei
Dead Finish Acacia tetragonophylla
Dead Finish Archidendropsis basaltica
Dead Finish Eucalyptus cloeziana

Red lancewood Albizia basaltica
Red Lancewood Archidendropsis basaltica

Now, to make it worse.... Acacia basaltica became Albizia basaltica and is now called Archidendropsis basaltica.

Generally, we are talking about Archidendropsis basaltica but it is variable & the timber can be different shades of brown with a purple tinge or red.Shhee the stuff you have in your head amazes me.:D

Cliff Rogers
8th October 2010, 08:35 PM
Google is your friend. :D

I also rely heavily on this site. Trees of Australia ABC (http://www.vwa.org.au/list_ta_abc.htm) :2tsup:

Groggy
8th October 2010, 09:13 PM
Shhee the stuff you have in your head amazes me.:DReally? I ceased to be surprised decades ago :wink:

Cliff Rogers
8th October 2010, 09:15 PM
Yup, that is a very convincing 'vacant look' that you do. :D

Groggy
8th October 2010, 10:07 PM
The vacant look is a reflection of our hairstyles Cliff :D

Cliff Rogers
8th October 2010, 10:40 PM
I have plenty of hair, shame it isn't on my forehead. :rolleyes:

Old Croc
13th October 2010, 07:39 AM
Jeff,
As Ken Wraight will tell you the Red lance wood that I get from around Clermont is a light red/pinkish colour, while the Dead finish that Cliffie gets from around Longreach is much darker, sometimes a purplish colour. They maybe genetically the same tree, but they keep their respective colour when they are dried out and turned,
regards,
crocy.

jefferson
13th October 2010, 09:25 AM
Crocy, Ken W gave me a small piece of what must be Red Lancewood - it's colour meets your description. He also gave me some purple gidgee which is quite purple. Anything like that up your way?

If so, let me know and we'll see if we can work out a fee!

KenW
13th October 2010, 07:37 PM
Crocy, Ken W gave me a small piece of what must be Red Lancewood - it's colour meets your description. He also gave me some purple gidgee which is quite purple. Anything like that up your way?

If so, let me know and we'll see if we can work out a fee!
Notice I only gave away a SMALL piece of Red Lancewood.

TTIT
13th October 2010, 10:53 PM
Be careful what you wish for! :U I've sent off my registration and as long as the powers that be don't chain me to my desk, I'll be there! :U

jefferson
14th October 2010, 03:07 AM
Notice I only gave away a SMALL piece of Red Lancewood.

Yes, it was a small piece, but the WWW gave it to me 12 months too early. Sadly, I wasted most of it trying to turn a fairly complicated (for me) weed pot. I must put the acid on Ken again when I can turn a little better.

Plenty of redgum for swaps for those up Prossie way. Including some sun-dried bird's eye redgum that will have most of you cursing. Big lumps too, so the lancewood would want to be perfect in a trade.

Pat
14th October 2010, 04:23 AM
Jeff, I'll take some of the Redgum :;

Cliff Rogers
14th October 2010, 09:36 AM
.... Including some sun-dried bird's eye redgum that will have most of you cursing. Big lumps too, so the lancewood would want to be perfect in a trade.
I'd like some of that.

I only have the dead finish that looks like it has a purple tint while it is wet but it dries brown. You would have got some of that in the load that Ken took last year.

I do have some red stringybark fence posts but they are not as red as the burnt stuff that Ron had on the back of his ute last year. Mine is more orange than red.

I also have some termite damaged scented maple. Flindersia laevicarpa.
It doesn't have any of the quilting that some maple & silkwood gets 'cos it grew straight & tall in the rainforest but it does have some colour in it.
Very easy to work compared to red gum & red stringy.

Cliff Rogers
14th October 2010, 09:59 AM
I do have some really very dry dead finish but it is very hard & very pale.
Here are some action shots from August this year.

Cliff Rogers
14th October 2010, 10:01 AM
And here are some shots of a fresh one.

NeilS
14th October 2010, 10:17 AM
Here are some action shots from August this year.

Geez, Cliff, what are you running your chainsaw on.... recycled fish and chip oil?

Cliff Rogers
14th October 2010, 11:01 AM
Geez, Cliff, what are you running your chainsaw on.... recycled fish and chip oil?

Err, no, the smoke is not coming out of the exhaust, it is coming off the chain, that stuff is VERY dry.... even the fresh one produced some smoke.

dai sensei
14th October 2010, 11:10 AM
Still looking into getting up there by plane but can't take much with me that way.

I am trying to organise some timber whilst up there, any chance of any SEQ forumites driving up willing to bring a say 400 dia x 600 long chunk back for me?

tea lady
14th October 2010, 11:30 AM
There's a tea lady down here that would love a bit of that dead finish. Any sort! :D Maybe someone could put a little bit in 's stash to bring back down for me. :reallycuteblondsmileymaybeabitgreyroundtheedgesbutnobadforherage: :U

NeilS
14th October 2010, 11:58 AM
Err, no, the smoke is not coming out of the exhaust, it is coming off the chain, that stuff is VERY dry.... even the fresh one produced some smoke.

Wow, tough stuff!

Guess you get to do a fair bit of chain sharpening by the time you get a tree of that size cut up into manageable chunks. The Southerners who are getting some of that should appreciate that they are getting some hard won brown/purple gold...:D

Cliff Rogers
14th October 2010, 12:47 PM
There's a tea lady down here that would love a bit of that dead finish. Any sort! :D Maybe someone could put a little bit in 's stash to bring back down for me. :reallycuteblondsmileymaybeabitgreyroundtheedgesbutnobadforherage: :U
Did you ask yet?

tea lady
14th October 2010, 08:28 PM
Did you ask yet?:erm_smile: no? :C

jefferson
14th October 2010, 09:08 PM
A few transportation issues here with the redgum - someone is now a GRANDPA and travel arrangements are up in the air. I won't be up either way.

I'll do my best to make sure some of it gets up north for Cliff to play with. (It's bloody hard! Think of sharpening the gouge after one pass). Ken W. has warned me to keep the good stuff, so beggars can't be choosers.

Cliff Rogers
28th October 2010, 09:22 AM
I've just struck a problem & now I can't go. BUGGER! :((

dai sensei
28th October 2010, 11:46 AM
Bummer Cliff, lucky I made other arrangements for the DF :wink:

RETIRED
28th October 2010, 12:56 PM
What a bummer. We are leaving Fri night or Saturday.

Looks like Mr Wraight will be in attendance as well.

Cliff Rogers
28th October 2010, 01:00 PM
Yup, not happy at this end I can tell you 'cos this is the 10th & I haven't missed one til now.

tea lady
28th October 2010, 05:21 PM
I've just struck a problem & now I can't go. BUGGER! :((
Really Bummer! At least you will be safe from red-gum-in-the-eye attack! :console:

TTIT
28th October 2010, 10:24 PM
I've just struck a problem & now I can't go. BUGGER! :((Now what are we gonna do for entertainment :roll:. No problem's that big Cliff - just go :shrug:

Cliff Rogers
29th October 2010, 09:36 AM
........ No problem's that big Cliff - just go :shrug:

I is not actually a problem, it is a commitment I made to do the lighting for Godspel & I got the dates wrong. :(

RETIRED
30th October 2010, 07:47 AM
We're on our way.:D

Cliff Rogers
30th October 2010, 09:35 AM
Good on ya, have a good one. :2tsup:

mkypenturner
1st November 2010, 05:11 PM
have finally made the choice and rang con to see if i can still come yep so im going as well :2tsup:

Allan at Wallan
1st November 2010, 05:32 PM
Our President Max, (forumite M J S) is on his way too. Dunno
how he gets so much time off from his missus (it would not be
for good behaviour) so watch out for him.:2tsup:

Have a good turnout.

Allan
(Northern Woodturners Club)

WOODY70
1st November 2010, 06:40 PM
I'm Goin Wouldn't miss it for anything!!!!!!

I'm a 10 year vet!!!!!!!!!

:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

TTIT
1st November 2010, 09:36 PM
I'm Goin Wouldn't miss it for anything!!!!!!

I'm a 10 year vet!!!!!!!!!

:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:Got any of those micro-plane rasp thingys with you David????

mkypenturner
1st November 2010, 09:39 PM
Got any of those micro-plane rasp thingys with you David????
vern i think i seen one or 2 on the wall of his truck in mackay on the weekend :2tsup:

WOODY70
2nd November 2010, 08:23 AM
Got any of those micro-plane rasp thingys with you David????
Yeh mate.:2tsup:

See you there.

Dave

jefferson
5th November 2010, 09:40 AM
Any sign of the three Mexicans yet? The heat will surely be killing them. :D:D:D

Cliff Rogers
5th November 2010, 09:49 AM
I'm not there... :( but I can tell you that the weather up this way is very pleasant for this time of the year.

Jim Carroll
5th November 2010, 01:13 PM
Any sign of the three Mexicans yet? The heat will surely be killing them. :D:D:D

Should be easy to pick them out .

They will be the white ones.

tea lady
5th November 2010, 04:43 PM
I'm not there... :( but I can tell you that the weather up this way is very pleasant for this time of the year.But said he was walking around in a wet t-shirt cos it was raining! :think:

Cliff Rogers
5th November 2010, 05:43 PM
But said he was walking around in a wet t-shirt cos it was raining! :think:
Yup, but it isn't hot.

Cliff Rogers
5th November 2010, 05:47 PM
Proserpine, Qld - Daily Weather Observations (http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/IDCJDW4096.latest.shtml)

Ironwood
5th November 2010, 07:20 PM
Had a visit from Troy (Mkypenturner) this morning, he had his ute loaded up, complete with lathe on the back, heading up to Prossy.

Couple of hours later Vern (Ttit) also called in on his way, I got a first hand look at the Kauri hollow form thats sitting on the front seat of his ute.
That is an awesome piece of wood (and work) :2tsup:. Sets the bar at the highest notch.

Talking to those guys had me envious and wishing I could make it up there as well,
Good luck to all who have made the trip, sounds like fun.

jefferson
5th November 2010, 07:43 PM
So no sign yet of the 3 Mexicans in shorts and ultra-white legs? :wink::wink::wink:

tea lady
6th November 2010, 09:23 PM
So no sign yet of the 3 Mexicans in shorts and ultra-white legs? :wink::wink::wink:They must be busy! :D

Cliff Rogers
7th November 2010, 11:14 AM
They are 22Kms out of town & just over a hill that makes mobile reception fairly ordinary, they will also be having a very good time & not even thinking of some sad losers sitting at home on the Internet. :rolleyes:

mkypenturner
7th November 2010, 10:06 PM
the weekend went well the record was broken sat night or maybe sunday morning going to bed after 4 am after a walk to the dam :oo: crazy i wasn't one of them but was turning till 11pm :D and on the lathe at 5 am

TTIT
8th November 2010, 01:35 PM
Top weekend :2tsup: Perfect weather. So many lathes this year they had to add an extra tent - but I didn't do an actual count so don't ask :shrug: . 130 people all up and experts like Vic Woods, George Hatfield, Theo Haralampou and our own Ken, Jim and doing the rounds, helping everyone out with tips and techniques.
Note to self - get there earlier next year! By the time I got there Friday avo, all the Red Cedar and spalted Tamarind in the trailer had been stashed under lathes and all that was left was the Damson. Ron (I think it was :shrug:) had his ute full of samples to give away as usual - Raintree, Bull Kauri, White Sirus and Red Cedar this year. Lots of other stuff going on too like the baseball game with a green wood bat and ball that George whipped up with the biggest skew chisel I've ever seen :o - didn't last long 'cos nobody would catch the thing :shrug:
Must carry the camera around more next year instead of just one whip around when I arrive.

Cliff Rogers
8th November 2010, 01:45 PM
I wish I could have been there. :C

TTIT
8th November 2010, 01:56 PM
....and then there was the instant gallery - much bigger than last year. A bit of everything - most of you will recognize Jims segmented stuff in there and there was some excellent intarsia too.

Cliff Rogers
8th November 2010, 02:33 PM
Sob! :weeping:

TTIT
8th November 2010, 03:43 PM
Sob! :weeping:There, there Cliff :roll: You wouldn't have liked the special shirts, hats and gold badges the 10 year veterans were given anyway :no: Maybe you can go for another 10 in a row from next year - if you live that long :;:U

wheelinround
8th November 2010, 03:49 PM
:iagree:

Cliff Rogers
8th November 2010, 03:54 PM
There, there Cliff :roll: You wouldn't have liked the special shirts, hats and gold badges the 10 year veterans were given anyway :no: Maybe you can go for another 10 in a row from next year - if you live that long :;:U
Wah! :weeping2:

mkypenturner
8th November 2010, 05:04 PM
hey vern going to have to get there much earlier
oh and the spalted tamrind i got a couple of pieces to take home to cut for pen blanks will save you a bit for a pen or 2 and most of all an EGG :2tsup:
just drop me a pm when you coming this way into mackay or doindg a swap with brad

tea lady
8th November 2010, 06:45 PM
There, there Cliff :roll: You wouldn't have liked the special shirts, hats and gold badges the 10 year veterans were given anyway :no: Maybe you can go for another 10 in a row from next year - if you live that long :;:UThat is just cruel! You should have all had a whip round and got Cliffy one too. :C

dai sensei
8th November 2010, 10:28 PM
Shame I couldn't be there either. But I did get the consulation prize of catching a pair of travellers on their return home :U (see here (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f25/traveller-calls-dinner-126692/#post1233375))

Cliff Rogers
9th November 2010, 11:57 AM
OK, so this is why I missed out on going, I was driving the lights for this show. :2tsup:

YouTube - We Beseech Thee

WOODY70
9th November 2010, 06:44 PM
Hey Cliffy,

Sorry you weren't there mate. You were missed.
We needed the musicial back up for Theo!!!!:cool:

One upside I got to drink more of the port.:rolleyes:Set a new record which I think will take another 10years to beat. 8 of us headed up to the dam at 1-30am cause CJ kicked us out so he could go to bed. :oWalked back through the gate at 3-45am and in bed at 4.

Managed to get up at 7am for breaky. What can I say. Stayers not Players!!:D

Better luck next year:2tsup:

Dave

mkypenturner
9th November 2010, 06:54 PM
:aro-u: and a little worse for wear :rolleyes: i had cj come and kindly ask me to stop turning as a few of the ladies thought i had been drinking (sober) it didnt worry me after all it was 11 15 pm:D up at it again at 5 am

Old Croc
9th November 2010, 07:53 PM
Hell, where do I start?
Cliffie, that is the lamest excuse I have ever heard, actually it is not an excuse, I would have delayed my own funeral to be at this one.:D
, you should give up your day job and take up teaching wood turning full time, a BIG THANK YOU :2tsup:for the personal tuition with the skew, had a try when I got back today, and stuff me, it now works on my lathe as well!:o
So many forumites and other helpful people floating around, it was one of the most informative Turnouts of the 9 that I have been to, always great to catch up with TTIT, Powderpost, MK penturner, Ken Wraight, and some I am sure to have missed.
I am going to start a new thread for the 2011 turnout in about 6 months time, and I will be making a very large donation of turning blanks to the Prossie crew so they can put them up as a raffle prize, and I hope to encourage anyone else attending next year to add to the pile,
regards,
Crocy.

Groggy
9th November 2010, 08:42 PM
OK, so this is why I missed out on going, I was driving the lights for this show. :2tsup:
Couldn't train someone else to flick the switch huh? Or is it a union thing :D

Cliff Rogers
9th November 2010, 10:06 PM
It was more that a flick of a switch & I had committed to it & buggered up my bookings.

There were 31 channels with more that 20 different scene settings & more than 90 steps to the program.

The funny thing is that there is not one single lighting change in that song on Youtube. :rolleyes:

Me not going to Prossy just let me down, if I had skipped out on them 'cos I stuffed up my weekends, I would have let down more than 50 people, we have a cast of 27 with 3 directors & a band that have been rehearsing for months.

Groggy
9th November 2010, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I gathered there was more to it than flicking a switch :rolleyes: Maybe you could do another job that is less demanding of your actual presence, say, scheduling?

On second thoughts...

RETIRED
11th November 2010, 04:42 PM
Well, what can I say?

The weather was perfect, the attendees fantastic and it was great to catch up with some Forumites.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and for the record Cliff we did think of you. Old Croc and myself were going to ring you on Sat. night and tell you what a great time we were having.:wink::D

What are friends for?

Cliff Rogers
12th November 2010, 09:10 AM
Thank you but I probely would not have answered the phone... too busy.

Jim Carroll
12th November 2010, 01:13 PM
Thank you but I probely would not have answered the phone... too busy.

Why not, it may have been a life and death phone call.:oo:

You know like some one getting a splinter in their eye :rolleyes: