View Full Version : Is this for real?

Grumpy John
8th September 2010, 04:26 PM
This was sent to me from Ed Reiss.

:oo::oo::oo:

joe greiner
8th September 2010, 08:55 PM
I don't see why not.

Record all 20 (+/-) attempts, and select the one most successful for the final edit.

In documentary film-making (with real film), a "shooting ratio" of 12:1 is common. Similar for theatrical movies. The watchword in Hollywood is "Film is the cheapest thing we've got."

As far as loony exercises are concerned, there's a mob in the States conducting an annual pumpkin-chucking contest, using trebuchets, air cannons and such. One team even grows their own pumpkins for best fit in the barrel of their air cannon.

Cheers,
Joe

Rum Pig
9th September 2010, 08:22 AM
I cannot see how it is possible:no:
To get enough spin and velocity would be impossible. I would think it would just get stuck in the timber and if by chance of a miracle it certainly would not be such a clean cut.

Having said that it is a great video:2tsup::2tsup:

Allan at Wallan
9th September 2010, 10:27 AM
Looks simple enough.

Cut the wood just about all the way through,
hide the saw cut with the square, stand back
and throw the blade until it finally hits the wood.

Piece of wood drops to the ground with the
slightest hit from the blade.

Allan

Fuzzie
9th September 2010, 11:27 AM
Looks to me like the blade bounces off the face of the stud, doesn't get enough depth to cut the nice clean exactly parallel cut line held up to camera.

Are these the same guys who did the Mona Lisa with a nail gun?

Kev Y.
9th September 2010, 11:47 AM
Mate .... its America, they can do ANYTHING :p :cool:

BobL
9th September 2010, 12:23 PM
As far as loony exercises are concerned, there's a mob in the States conducting an annual pumpkin-chucking contest, using trebuchets, air cannons and such. One team even grows their own pumpkins for best fit in the barrel of their air cannon.

One place I worked at in the US had for a while an annual water melon chucking competition with a difference.

Teams of 4, watermelon size of their choice frozen in Liquid N2. Team had to physically throw the watermelon by hand - no aids except for long gloves allowed. Launching area was the roof top of a 7" floor building . Impact point was concrete quadrangle below. Winner was team who managed to get a piece of rind furthest from base of building.

Risk analysis anyone?

acmegridley
9th September 2010, 10:55 PM
Have a look at "Understanding Southern" on you tube part of Bill cosby show,never laughed so much in all my life.God help the place:no: