PDA

View Full Version : specky wood

texx
9th September 2010, 12:11 PM
hows this for a specky bit of wood .
its very dry and pretty hard ( did have a slight undie moment when roughing down the outside even pulled a muscle in my shoulder )been dead under ground for 30 years cypress pine root ball .
i sanded the outside and as soon as the sand paper touches the wood it clogs up must be chockers with resin .
i am going to leave it roughed like this for a month or so see if it moves before i finish it off.
good news is i am pretty sure i can get some more of these and i rekon a few of these roots slabbed would make very nice hang on the wall type clocks .

Rum Pig
9th September 2010, 12:16 PM
WOW that is nice I hope it does not move on you.:2tsup::2tsup:

Now stop and look at all the shavings on the ground and think how many pens you could have made:doh:

artme
9th September 2010, 12:22 PM
:o:o Specky is hardly the word, but I can't think of a better one to describe that!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Rum Pig, you and i think alike!!:D:D:D

texx
9th September 2010, 12:27 PM
i have some small bits and a chunk that was cracked from the same root ball that are put aside for making pens dont worry about that , in fact there should be quite a few ,may even be enough once i get a few more of these root balls that i can share some pen blanks around .

HazzaB
9th September 2010, 12:44 PM
Hey Texx,

You're right about that being Speccy, and as said above, will make some awesome pens, can I be on your list for sharing please:;

HazzaB

Manuka Jock
9th September 2010, 12:49 PM
A fine piece Texx , I hope it survives the drying

minus459
9th September 2010, 10:40 PM
WOW.............I meant to say................BLOODY WOW :D

TTIT
9th September 2010, 10:50 PM
Beautiful bit of wood Texx :2tsup: Hope my experience with cypress is different for you on this one!

Allen Neighbors
10th September 2010, 09:54 AM
Beautiful timber it is! Looks like it's too intermingled (is that a word?) to move much in either direction...

NeilS
10th September 2010, 12:20 PM
Yummy!