PDA

View Full Version : Fishing port macquarrie

bab600
12th September 2010, 02:03 PM
Travelling to Port Macquarrie next Friday 17th Sept. and I was wondering if anyone :)can give some advice of fishing in the area :)

Thanks Brian

Scribbly Gum
12th September 2010, 04:06 PM
There is a local fishing report each morning on local radio. Other than that Searly's Boat shed at Settlement point usually has some tips. There have been some big mulloway caught lately and prior to this taylor were biting off the beaches and snapper out to sea.
Enjoy your holiday.
SG

bab600
13th September 2010, 09:51 PM
Scribbly
Thanks for the info I'll keep you posted when I get back, I,m officially counting the days to the 17th:D

Tight Lines
Brian

Bluegum
15th September 2010, 08:31 PM
I have spent a bit of time there in port on holidays over the years. I had lots of good fishing along the break wall that runs adjacent to the caravan park there in town. The cooler months when we were there I would target bream and tailor when they were there. I had met locals who chased jewfish from there as well as luderick further up the river. Lake Cathie was also good from memory as well.

bab600
12th October 2010, 05:46 PM
Back home now ,been at work nearly 2 wks want to go back again.

Did all my fishing on the breakwall next to the caravan park, fished on the still tide using a strip of mullett and let do what bait supposed to do and caught some stingrays and a couple of rock cod. All the formentioned fish are back in the water as I really wanted Flathead or bream. ( I believe the rock cod are protected )
Fished the low tide one afternoon with Gulp nucular chicken lures and caught enough fish for a couple feeds for me and my wife. 2 flatties one 40cm and the other 55cm:U:U packed up the gear went back to the camp ,fillet the fish warm up the berby, glass of wine perfect afternoon.

Now why can't I go back??

Regards Brian