PDA

View Full Version : power to the shed

rat52
25th September 2010, 01:22 PM
At last after 3 yrs of extension leads I'm a little closer to 3 phase in the shed

This morning I hired a dingo with a trenching attatchment and dug the power trench and stormwater.

Those machines are awsome :H I had the whole 40m dug and the machine returned in 2 hrs. All for the sum of $195.

Now to lay the pipes and backfill

Pat
25th September 2010, 02:09 PM
Looks good. Damn sight easier then using a Kanga, Shovel and Spud bar. It took me 2 hours to do one 4m x 600mm trench.

pellcorp
25th September 2010, 03:58 PM
Yea but after digging your own trench by hand you can feel more proud of your work! Nothin like a turn at manual labour - I'm a professional nerd so don't get out much during the week :-)

BobL
25th September 2010, 05:03 PM
Doncha need 3 trenches for 3 phase?

Beetle Shirt
25th September 2010, 11:39 PM
:rofl: Well, four if you want to be really picky - one for neutral and one for each phase. Seriously over the top though.

Christos
28th September 2010, 08:55 PM
Here I am being silly but I guess you guys started it.

You need five one for earth. :U

No really good job no matter how its done. Did the other half ask what is the second trench for?

rat52
28th September 2010, 09:05 PM
christos
the other half (my wonderful wife) has been waiting for the stormwater trench.
Now the slab for the spa can be done as well as the paving for her shade house down the side of the house

I try not to think of all the things that need to be done as it gets too depressing :C

One thing at a time. Power to the shed! Power to the shed! Power to the shed:2tsup:

jasons673
1st October 2010, 01:47 PM
I think that hills hoist is taking up to much prime shed space! The concrete slab should be used to extend the shed, bugger the spa!
I recently hired a fella to cut the trenches at my place it was cheaper than hiring the machine and doing it my self. Just pointed him
In the right direction and away he went. Save the hard yakka with the shovel!

terryvk6pq
2nd October 2010, 11:41 PM
Don't forget if you are not an electrician, there are rules as to the depth of the trench and the type and size of the conduit which must be installed underground. If fact just make sure you are allowed to do what you are doing under your particular state electrical regulations.
There are also strict regulations as to the size of the conductors in the cable you are going to use, etc etc etc. Yeah! You are right, I am an electrician but I have no problems in the work being done by anyone so long as the regulations are followed and it is checked and tested by an electrician on completion.