PDA

View Full Version : First fruit

bowerbird
3rd October 2010, 07:45 PM
Hi folks,

I'm pleased with my first piece of turned fruit. It's made from Tasmanian Oak (Gum) and finished with a wax friction polish. :) Now I will have fun with some more fruit in between doing some other projects.

mkypenturner
4th October 2010, 06:55 AM
nice work love the shape it flows well:2tsup:

bowerbird
4th October 2010, 07:24 AM
Thank you, Troy. :D A cousin in England wants one so that's a good sign too. I just have to find out about UK Customs... :? they should be ok with Blackwood or Huon Pine... but I want to find someone on this website who knows more... off to search now. Thanks again.
BB

Skew ChiDAMN!!
7th October 2010, 01:39 AM
Your next challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to turn a bunch of grapes! :U

(I made a start, once. Turned about thirty of 'em and glued 'em to the... "stalk" from a real bunch. But the glue I was using was crap and it all fell to bits before I'd finished. :sigh: )

bowerbird
7th October 2010, 07:34 AM
Thank you for the challenge, Skew. :) Unfortunately, I have Scoliosis so everything I do is painful including sleeping. :(( I'll leave the grapes for someone less incapacitated.
I am also teaching my friend's son to do woodturning, he had his second lesson 2 days after his 13th birthday last week... he is doing extremely well. :D:cool: He's already making beautiful shavings.