PDA

View Full Version : Carbatec sanding discs.

leighd
25th October 2004, 08:33 PM
i am going to get a power sanding disc and i was wondering how good the carbatec hook & loop paper is? I was going to buy a 50mm disc and then i could cut 8 discs from a sheet for $1.50 so the discs will be about 20c each.

How much better is the ubeaut paper? it is $1 a disc for 75mm. does it really last that much longer?

rsser
25th October 2004, 08:42 PM
I use the Carba-tec hook and loop sandpaper; good results, cheap.

I make my own discs with a punch made from a length of two inch exhaust pipe sharpened on the inside edge. So every now and again I spend a soothing half hour punching the ***** out of sheets of paper. And the bits left over can be used for the 1" sanding pads.

smidsy
25th October 2004, 09:06 PM
Hei Guys,
I use one of these although to be honest I bought some disks when I got the sander and hadn't thought about cutting my own sanding pads from larger pads - the pipe punch sounds like a great idea earn, but how does the car sound :D
Cheers
Paul

Jim Carroll
26th October 2004, 12:17 AM
does it really last that much longer?

One simple answer YEP !!!!!!

rsser
26th October 2004, 08:26 AM
Hei Guys,
I use one of these although to be honest I bought some disks when I got the sander and hadn't thought about cutting my own sanding pads from larger pads - the pipe punch sounds like a great idea earn, but how does the car sound :D
Cheers
Paul

A lot more impressive! But there's no more sneaking home when you're late ;-}

leighd
26th October 2004, 09:27 PM
does it really last that much longer?

One simple answer YEP !!!!!!
can u buy it in rolls or sheets so it is cheaper?

Jim Carroll
27th October 2004, 08:40 AM
At the moment Mr U only sells them in the 75mm discs.