PDA

View Full Version : Hello ladies!

Ziapurple
13th October 2010, 01:09 PM
Hi ladies (and maybe some gents)! I'm so glad I found this forum...

My father was a cabinet maker since he was a youngster and he is 82 years old today. He's very ill with not one, but two awful diseases and he has not been able to work for about 5 years because of this, not to mention that at his age it might be a little risky for him anyway. He's made some lovely furniture and bits 'n' pieces for my husband and I in the past years and it's something I will treasure always.

So, this is where I got my interest in wood as a youngster (I'm in my early 40's now). I'm not into heavy duty tools or anything like that, but I've been known to sand down (by hand) and varnish a few old things and I even restored an old hat stand that I found on somebody's pile of junk with minimum help from my husband- don't we all love freebies, haha! I also found a couple of good sturdy cane chairs which my neighbour was throwing out (doesn't know I have them - lol) and I will be stripping the old ugly vanish and restoring with new varnish or paint them a pretty colour. :B

I'm now planning to make a very simple wooden clock and I'm really excited!

Well, I hope to get a lot of great inspiration from you gals (and some guys) and I know I'm going to enjoy it here!

Thanks!

Zia :U

flynnsart
18th October 2010, 11:41 AM
Welcome Zia, be warned woodworking is a consuming bug that grows with every little accomplishment! Lots of fun, looking forward to some pics as you progress:2tsup:

Donna

tea lady
18th October 2010, 03:11 PM
Ladies? ....... Oh us! :doh: Welcome Ziapurple.

If you don't call us ladies too often you can stay.:D Always makes me feel a little old. :rolleyes: Or that I am now someone who is annoyed by small children at the shops, as in "mind the lady!":C

Looking forward to seeing some of your projects.:cool:

Ziapurple
20th October 2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks Donna!

Not much progress yet... but working on it. :wink:

Welcome Zia, be warned woodworking is a consuming bug that grows with every little accomplishment! Lots of fun, looking forward to some pics as you progress:2tsup:

Donna

Ziapurple
20th October 2010, 12:30 PM
Anne Marie. - LOL!

As it was my first time posting here, I thought I'd be proper and all that stuff.... :wink:

I'm feeling a little more at home now. tee-hee.

Zia.

Ladies? ....... Oh us! :doh: Welcome Ziapurple.

If you don't call us ladies too often you can stay.:D Always makes me feel a little old. :rolleyes: Or that I am now someone who is annoyed by small children at the shops, as in "mind the lady!":C

Looking forward to seeing some of your projects.:cool: