PDA

View Full Version : 1in x 10tpi NUT

Cliff Rogers
13th October 2010, 03:45 PM
Some time in the last 6 years I was able to buy some 1in x 10tpi nuts to suit the spindle on my JET Mini lathe.

I thought it was from a nut & bolt supplier in Cairns but they have been taken over by Coventry Fasteners & now the bloke behind the counter 'assures' me that it isn't a commercial thread so they wouldn't have it. (I am fairly sure he didn't even look)

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Tiger
13th October 2010, 03:54 PM
I've bought a few of these nuts for faceplates over the years. It is technically a BSF thread which I think stands for British Standard Fine. Have not had a problem getting it here, I use Cost Less Bolts and they sell for around $7. Would be surprised if Coventry don't stock these or can get them in.

Cliff Rogers
13th October 2010, 03:57 PM
I just found where Boltmasters are in Cairns, I thought it was them who had been taken over by Coventry but I was wrong... I'll check with them the next time I am in Cairns.

Cliff Rogers
13th October 2010, 04:02 PM
OK, it looks like I should be asking for a 1" BSF nut.... I'll try that.

Coventry don't have them in their catalogue.

Cliff Rogers
13th October 2010, 04:10 PM
Found them, Boltmasters in Cairns can get them from their Townsville office $4.59 ea.

Wood en I
13th October 2010, 04:25 PM
There is a company in Sydney called Lee Bros { Est. 1910 ) and I have dealt with them for many years. I would be very surprised if they cannot help you. I would say that they would carry one of the largest range of bolts in Australia. I have no affiliation with them.
Their Phone number is ( 02 ) 9890 1555

bobsreturn2003
13th October 2010, 04:42 PM
hi got them from coventry several years ago , but the bsf thread is well out of date ,except on some wood lathes cheers Bob