PDA

View Full Version : Dust extractor for Hitachi TR12

Dengue
15th October 2010, 07:28 AM
Hello, does anyone have a photo of a dust extractor for a Hitachi TR12 or the M12V router, or any comments on how effective they are?

I am using router this for template work and need a good way of clearing the hole as I go

I believe the dust extractor assembly for the M12V fits the TR12 - can anypone please confirm this?

Dengue
15th October 2010, 10:05 AM
Just found that both TR12 and M12V routers have the same part number for their respective dust extractor accessories. Spoke with Hitachi Powertools technician, and he advised the extractor is clear plastic and screws to the router base easily, and connects to a vacuum cleaner hose

groeneaj
15th October 2010, 09:43 PM
Just found that both TR12 and M12V routers have the same part number for their respective dust extractor accessories. Spoke with Hitachi Powertools technician, and he advised the extractor is clear plastic and screws to the router base easily, and connects to a vacuum cleaner hose

I was thinking of selling my TR12 as it doesn't have a dust port, and as it's quite old I didn't think you could buy one. This is good news for me, i'll be ordering one now. Are you getting yours from hitachi directly?

Andy

Dengue
15th October 2010, 10:12 PM
Hi Andy, it costs me $60 to get it in Townsville after delivery from Sydney, and you have to go through a Hitachi Service agent.

Give Hitachi Power Tools a call on 1300 444 822 for your nearest agent. Part number is 997 466

Morbius
19th October 2010, 10:32 AM
Thanks for posting this! I'll order one too :)

Craig