PDA

View Full Version : Aussie humidors, brass & m.o.p. inlay, secret drawers,fine boxes

humidor
28th October 2000, 04:03 PM
Greetings from Geelong!
It certainly is great to find a site like this for sharing & gaining knowledge. Thank you editors. Do you have a marketry/inlay section? Check out my new web site for some interesting work- www.geocities.com/kiwihumidor (http://www.geocities.com/kiwihumidor)
Click on links to view 3 pages. These sites on Yahoo are FREE!
I would like to include pix of past projects but only have photos to scan ( as opposed to digital pix of new work). But scanning involves huge file size- can someone offer advice on how to reduce file size of scanned photos?
Any one in or around Geelong wanting help to set up w/site & digital photos please e/m me. [email protected]
Take care & have a good time at the show.

barrysumpter
29th October 2000, 07:32 AM
Hi Humidor,
I use Paint Shop Pro which is share ware to reduce the size, number of colors, and to enhance the scan itself.

------------------
Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter
Proud Tritoneer

humidor
29th October 2000, 09:15 PM
[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot Barry, I'll give it a go.
Have a great day,
Humidor

ubeaut
31st October 2000, 10:54 AM
Scan at 78dpi that is the optimal size for internet graphics. If you have Corel use the scanning profile and edit in Corel Photo-Paint. Save as .jpg files and you will have good images and small files.

humidor
3rd November 2000, 12:23 AM
Thanks a lot guys - got it sorted now.
I had read somewhere once a file was created in one format it couldn't be changed - this obviously is not true.
Happy wwwwwwworking!