PDA

View Full Version : What about a WoodaPedia?

namtrak
28th October 2004, 11:09 AM
How about setting up a Wiki based 'Wood'pedia. This is basically an online Encyclopedia which is edited in an ongoing basis by people across the net. It takes a little to get accustomed to, but I think the information in the boards would form a great kick off to such a tool.

Check out wikipedia (www.wikipedia.org)

Here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodwork) is the entry for woodwork in the online WikiPedia, however I suspect that the substantial brainstrust you have here could either expand the woodworking entry in the main WikiPedia or create your own all together and it would become an invaluable resource.

Cheers

ribot
22nd December 2004, 11:21 AM
For sure, for sure. I have always been curious about pussywillow.

reeves
22nd December 2004, 12:37 PM
Darylls doinga good job.

http://www.aussiewoods.info/

many here have contributed

namtrak
22nd December 2004, 05:05 PM
Yes, Aussiewoods is great. I was more thinking of something to supplement Aussiewoods and Ubeaut. A dictionary of techniques etc.

Sturdee
22nd December 2004, 06:45 PM
Don't you love it when someone comes along and posts " HOW ABOUT setting up " and " brainstrust YOU have here " and " I was more thinking of something to supplement" etc. :eek:

So much better to make such a suggestion than saying " I would like to set up...... Can you help me. " :D :D :D

Namtrak, if you think it is needed by all means make a start and we will help you if we can. We are always willing to help with pancakes recipes. :D

Peter.

Shaty40
22nd December 2004, 10:48 PM
You vertualy have that here, use the search function, if the imformation can't be found start a thread and it will come your way, either directly from the board , or you will be told where to find it .

Tim;)

namtrak
23rd December 2004, 09:07 AM
You vertualy have that here, use the search function, if the imformation can't be found start a thread and it will come your way, either directly from the board , or you will be told where to find it .

Exactly! A Wiki is just an editable version of the Best of the Best forum. It is also a bit easier to locate and collate information in.

Don't you love it when someone comes along and posts " HOW ABOUT setting up " and " brainstrust YOU have here " and " I was more thinking of something to supplement" etc.

It's no Biggie, but a standalone Woodworking wikipedia would be a bit lost, I just reckon it would nicely complement the work done here and by DarrylF. And of course I would be happy to help.

And no I don't prefer premix, much prefer homemade!!

Cheers

echnidna
23rd December 2004, 09:10 AM
Wouldn't the pancake syrup gum up the works of the wikipedia? :p