PDA

View Full Version : Video from the Avignon symposium

La truciolara
22nd October 2010, 12:59 AM
Some short sequences of the demonstrations in Avignon, taken by a german participant
YouTube - AFTAB 2010.wmv

wheelinround
22nd October 2010, 09:23 AM
:2tsup::2tsup:

Ed Reiss
22nd October 2010, 11:56 AM
Nice assortment of lathes and turners :U

La truciolara
22nd October 2010, 05:37 PM
Ed, like you, after having re-watched the video several times I see that it is just an appetiser leaving you with your hunger :U

Concerning the lathes, I must say I have been very disappointed by the VB's. .oops! I don't know why the font changed face? I go back to my lathe where I feel more comfortable.

Fixed the font Claude. .

WOODY70
22nd October 2010, 07:46 PM
Nice assortment of lathes and turners :U
If you would like to experience this type of event live here in Australia.
Check out www.turnfest.com.au (http://www.turnfest.com.au) on the Gold Coast 25th, 26th and 27th of March 2011.

Cheers
Dave:2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
22nd October 2010, 08:43 PM
Interesting
whenever I thought "this looks promising!" it finished and went to another turner :doh:
but a good appetiser as La truciolara said,

thanks

Gold Coast in March ... hmm

PS was that you on the 1st clip?

La truciolara
23rd October 2010, 06:11 AM
As woody says.... you should not miss TURNFEST
I have to tell you that, at least in Europe, it is an honour to wear the turnfest smock with your name on it.

Ed Reiss
23rd October 2010, 11:47 AM
If you would like to experience this type of event live here in Australia.
Check out www.turnfest.com.au (http://www.turnfest.com.au) on the Gold Coast 25th, 26th and 27th of March 2011.

Cheers
Dave:2tsup:

Well Dave, would really like to, but the minister of finance just won't spring for the round trip airfare...oneway, no problem - but she quite forceably said "If you go, don't bother coming back"! :C

Sawdust Maker
23rd October 2010, 07:49 PM
Well Dave, would really like to, but the minister of finance just won't spring for the round trip airfare...oneway, no problem - but she quite forceably said "If you go, don't bother coming back"! :C

Get her to come too :2tsup:
I've just read Fred Holder's trip news from when he came out here in 2006 or 2007
they both had a great time (but then she turns as well)
I'm sure we would all make her welcome
In any event our 'Ministers for war" put up with us :rolleyes:

wheelinround
24th October 2010, 11:02 AM

Ed do a search for Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast QLD photo's mainly advantages No snow all year round shed time........beaches sand surf and beach babes.:U

Disadvantages Aussie $ to US $ would cripple you for the alimony payment when its around 45c to $1 US:o

Ed Reiss
24th October 2010, 12:03 PM
...point taken Ray !!!! :o:D:D