PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne tool sale

Roger Peine
30th October 2000, 11:00 PM
It's on again, The Hand Tool Preservation Association' has a fantastic tool sale on at...... Glenferrie Primary School,80 Manningtree Road Hawthorn (Melways 45 D11)

On Sunday Nov 12, 2000
9.00 am to 2.00 pm
Entry is $3.00

There are some great things to be had at these sale / swaps.... like that compass plane you've always wanted...

gazaly
31st October 2000, 12:11 PM
G'day Rog,
I was wondering what sort of tools will be being sold. Are they all collectors or tradesman, ie realy expensive or well priced for the home hobbiest. Any extra info would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Gazza.

------------------
A cigar a day, keeps Monica at bay!

Roger Peine
8th November 2000, 10:03 PM
Gazza, some of the tools on offer are from "Collectors" although, i have found and bought some absolute beauties... for a reasonable price. Stanley No. 6 plane $45.00
assorted chisels around $5.00 etcetera.
Not to mention the wealth of knowledge some of the characters their are willing to impart
on us "younger" blokes and blokettes.
Have a gander it's well worth it.
roj

John Saxton
8th November 2000, 10:58 PM
Roj,are these tool events held annually/bi-annually and if they are,would they be held at approximately the same time each year?
If so then I could plan to spend some time in the old Vic,take in the WWW show as well as do some damage to the Visa at the tool sale/swap next year perhaps?
Cheers http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Johnno

Roger Peine
11th November 2000, 11:51 PM
John,
I will get onto that and...let you know.