PDA

View Full Version : changing nova 3000 to dvr?

meuls69
4th November 2010, 07:57 PM
Hey guys,
I have a nova 3000 that i bought about 12 years ago from jim carrol:-) Having some issues with the head stock being jammed up and cant fix it, tried gear pulers ect. Know i have heard a rumer that you can change the headstocks between the 3000 and DVR, but have not seen where to buy it from, or how much it would cost. thinking that rather than have all these dramas trying to fix what i have, i might just upgrade the head and tailstock:-) Any thoughts would be good.

Cheers< Chris

Jim Carroll
4th November 2010, 09:38 PM
Chris it is doable
You will have to get in touch with carbatec brisbane to see if they have a spare headstock.

When we were importing the lathes we did this for some guys, They were not a cheap headstock even then.

It actually worked out better to sell their N3000 and buy a completely new DVRXP.

Ozkaban
5th November 2010, 08:02 AM
Wow, Jim, that's interesting. The marketing blurb for the N3000 on the Teknatool website says:

Future Proof your Nova 3000 Lathe
The Nova 3000 lathe uses the same bed structure as the Nova DVR (http://www.teknatool.com/products/Lathes/DVR/Nova%20_DVR.htm). You can easily upgrade your Nova 3000 to the DVR technology and features by either adding the DVR Headstock and new Solid Tailstock. Both the DVR tailstock and headstock are designed to fit straight onto your existing Nova 3000.

The expensive side doesn't surprise me though - the headstock is by far the best bit of the DVRXP, though I would have thought that it would be beter catered for if it was part of their sales pitch... Dissapointing.

Cheers,
Dave