PDA

View Full Version : Blackwood, Cypress Pine and a marble

Nai84
6th November 2010, 12:23 AM
Hey Guys

I spent some time in the shed today and I turned up a little lidded box for my wife :D, The bottom is made from blackwood the lid is made from cypress pine and finished with wax. I had to find some for a knob :?:?:? mmmmmhhhhh what to use then I had an idea marbles my daughter has 100s of them so I poked around in the bag and I found it the one :o so I glued it on and it looks fantastic :2tsup:, The blackwood was really easy to chip while turning mmmmmmmhhhhhhhhh but it is a beautifull piece of wood :2tsup:

Nai

cultana
6th November 2010, 12:40 AM
Very nice, BUT you will be in big BIG dodo when someone sees her marble...

Nai84
6th November 2010, 12:52 AM
Very nice, BUT you will be in big BIG dodo when someone sees her marble...

thanks nar its all good I asked for it and she was more then happy to give it up:2tsup:

Mark sanger
6th November 2010, 04:36 AM
Hi

A great idea and I like the way the colour of the marble relates back to the wood.

take care

Mark

artme
6th November 2010, 08:48 AM
That is a really neat idea Ian and you have a great little box as a result of your qork and imagination!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Might I suggest tha you make thinner walls on such smaller items. That will help with the general appearance and the overall efectiveness of the piece.:)

Nai84
6th November 2010, 02:03 PM
Hi

A great idea and I like the way the colour of the marble relates back to the wood.

take care

Mark

That is a really neat idea Ian and you have a great little box as a result of your qork and imagination!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Might I suggest tha you make thinner walls on such smaller items. That will help with the general appearance and the overall efectiveness of the piece.:)

Hey Mark

Thanks that means heaps comimng from you :B as I have looked at your website and WOW. The marble was picked out of 100s and I try heaps of them before I found that one

Artme

Thanks I loved the idea aswell and my wife also loves it:U. I would love to go thinner but I dont think I yet have the conferdence to go but if you have any suggestion on how I would build my conferdence I happy to try and learn any thing:U

Ian

wheelinround
6th November 2010, 02:07 PM
Ian a brilliant idea with the marble nice bowl to.

I agree with artme time to try some thinner work bit of practice on some scrap pine or even oregon anything scrap

orificiam
6th November 2010, 09:38 PM
Hi Ian a very nice combinations there,:2tsup: also a beautiful form
Cheers Tony.:)

Nai84
6th November 2010, 11:32 PM
Ian a brilliant idea with the marble nice bowl to.

I agree with artme time to try some thinner work bit of practice on some scrap pine or even oregon anything scrap

Hi Ian a very nice combinations there,:2tsup: also a beautiful form
Cheers Tony.:)

Hey WR

Thankyou very much I glad you like it :B I was a bit worried posting this one as I wasnt sure what yous guys would think about the marble but as they say consturctive critrusium is always good :; . I am going to do just that an have ago at a thin walled one I have some scraps layin round so I will give it ago tomorrow arvo.

Hey Tony

Thanks I love the colours in cypress they go well thanks again

Ian