PDA

View Full Version : FREE woodwen boat.FREE. Needs restoration. 4.5 Metres.

SimonP
7th November 2010, 04:45 PM
"This little boat would look beautifull on the water, and would be a great broject for some one who has the time."

Definition: broject - a project that you have to do with your mates

FREE woodwen boat.FREE. Needs restoration. 4.5 Metres. (eBay item 130452085774 end time 16-Nov-10 15:46:21 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130452085774&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123)

andrew allan
13th November 2010, 09:15 PM
This boat is still available. The guy trying to sell it contacted me tonight about it, as no-one seems to want to buy it. It looks a great and worthwhile project, for anyone with woodworking skills, who has a vague interest in boats.

My first boat was a freeby, 2yrs ago, which was a really crappy NS14 skiff, with a rotted out foredeck and bulkhead. I repaired them both, and got it up and going last year. With no interest in sailing, I'll sell it on, but it was such a fullfilling project. I even sailed it for a few hours, and I had only ever spent an hour in a sailing dinghy in my life.............and we got even back to where we started!! Subsequently built a 14" John Welsford Setnet dinghy, which we enjoyed last summer, , and earlier this year bought a 1970 Hartley 18' half -cabin, which is almost my perfect boat.

FOR ANYONE OUT THERE - the opportunity is here! Make the most of it.

Andrew Allan