PDA

View Full Version : Even a garden shed can have surprises

snowyskiesau
11th November 2010, 06:06 PM
I thought I'd clean out the garden shed to see what I can get rid of pending a (possible) move.
No tools - other than the garden variety, but I did unearth a motorcycle (OK, I KNEW it was there, I'd just forgotten about it. It's the first time I've cleaned the shed out in over 15 years...)

Now I have to decide - sell it or restore it?

wheelinround
11th November 2010, 06:18 PM
Looks like a Honda 750 4 to me Geoff .........my first response was going to be and you were looking for metal to use in the lathe and mill.

I vote Restore :U

snowyskiesau
11th November 2010, 06:20 PM
Looks like a Honda 750 4 to me Geoff .........my first response was going to be and you were looking for metal to use in the lathe and mill.

I vote Restore :U

Well spotted, Rickman Honda CB750.

My heart says restore but my bank account says SELL! :C

opelblues
11th November 2010, 06:25 PM
retirement project - keep it,

wheelinround
11th November 2010, 06:36 PM
Some where I have a workshop Manuel Geoff :U

Jim Carroll
11th November 2010, 06:39 PM
I agree as soon as I saw it a honda 4

It would make a good resto and a sunday cruiser

Enfield Guy
11th November 2010, 09:56 PM
If it is a RICKMAN frame with a honda 4 motor in it, then keep and restore. If it is a Honda frame 750/4 then offload it. The bl@@dy things never handled well,if at all. Just my 2c.

Cheers

snowyskiesau
18th November 2010, 05:37 PM
The reason for buying the Rickman frame was because of the 'unique' handling characteristics of the Honda (or any Japanese manufacturers) frame of the day. I hear they've improved a bit in the last 35 years :)

The other reason was it looked cool and no one else I knew had one.

I made the mistake of cleaning it up a bit prior to selling it. The motor still has lubrication in the cylinders and turns over. The biggest concern was the rust on the frame. Not structural but has affected the nickel plating. A quick web search and a phone call later got me a quote of only $400 to re-plate.

Maybe restoration is not such a bad idea ... :unsure:

tea lady
18th November 2010, 06:41 PM
The biggest concern was the rust on the frame. Not structural but has affected the nickel plating. A quick web search and a phone call later got me a quote of only $400 to re-plate.

Maybe restoration is not such a bad idea ... :unsure:Maybe you need to let it rust a bit more before it is a proper restore! :D Only $400:doh:

So what were you gonna do with the shed anyway? :U

snowyskiesau
18th November 2010, 07:19 PM
So what were you gonna do with the shed anyway? :U

The only plan was to clean out the shed. I'm hoping to relocate and I'm trying to reduce the clutter (i.e. junk) to make the move easier - and cheaper.

So far reduction in junk = 0% :doh: