tanii51
11th November 2010, 06:09 PM
now ive got a mill im wanting to add some coolant capabilities but
how does the coolant drain from the table theres no holes to let it escape
john

Dave J
11th November 2010, 06:33 PM
Hi,
You will have to mill a pocket, then drill from the back like in the photo of the factory fitted one on my mill. The thread on mine is 1/2 inch 14 pipe thread.
I plan to put another one on the other side of the table so both sides drain, as I find when the chips clog up the T slots it backs up on the other side and over flows off the table.

Dave

http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=152728&stc=1&d=1289460799

bollie7
12th November 2010, 07:56 AM
On my mill the tapped holes were a touch too high. Basically the ID of the thread was at the same level as the bottom of the pocket so when the fitting was screwed in, the hole in the fitting was about 3mm higher than the bottom of the pocket. I made a couple of infill plates from 3mm alloy and bonded them in with epoxy. This brought the bottom of the pocket up in line with the hole. Only did this about a week before my missus left so I haven't had a chance see how the mod works. Where I'm living now I don't have any power to the shed so machining projects are all on hold.
bollie7

Dave J
12th November 2010, 09:15 AM
On my mill the tapped holes were a touch too high. Basically the ID of the thread was at the same level as the bottom of the pocket so when the fitting was screwed in, the hole in the fitting was about 3mm higher than the bottom of the pocket. I made a couple of infill plates from 3mm alloy and bonded them in with epoxy. This brought the bottom of the pocket up in line with the hole. Only did this about a week before my missus left so I haven't had a chance see how the mod works. Where I'm living now I don't have any power to the shed so machining projects are all on hold.
bollie7

Sorry to hear that Bollie, hope you get power to the shop and get it up and running soon.
It might take your mind off things a bit.:2tsup:

Dave

bollie7
12th November 2010, 12:54 PM
Thanks Dave
I'm hoping to get something sorted in the next 12 months. Hoping to add another 9 metres to the 6 X 6 shed I have at the moment. I'll be able to unpack my stuff then and get rid of the container I'm renting.
bollie7