PDA

View Full Version : Bike Restoration

Carry Pine
11th November 2010, 09:37 PM
Here are some pictures of my bike which I bought 2nd hand in 1975. My nephew rode it Sydney to Canberra twice with his school. In its state (before taking it apart) I nearly killed myself a couple of times. Braking was awfull and was as heavy as lead.
Apart from giving it a sandblast and powdercoat, I haven't decided on the rest. Maybe a single speed?

Graham

I_wanna_Shed
11th November 2010, 10:02 PM
A single speed would certainly be different from your Bianchi. I think a 'fixxie' would be a good training bike too (actually a cycling instructor guy I know says they are good for training).

Nathan.

Carry Pine
12th November 2010, 08:43 PM
Fixies may be a bit adventurous at my stage of development (age).
I love following the Fixie thread on the Aust Cycling Forums though. There is an interesting one about 'Hipsters'. Love it.

Graham

Foo
22nd November 2010, 04:46 AM
So you're lurking around over there are we Graham! :q

I would be restoring it back to a roadie with some newer gear on it or if you can get hold of the older running gear, back to original. (with 700cc wheels) :)

Is there a pic of your bike over there in the gallery?

Carry Pine
25th November 2010, 02:17 PM
So you're lurking around over there are we Graham! :q

I would be restoring it back to a roadie with some newer gear on it or if you can get hold of the older running gear, back to original. (with 700cc wheels) :)

Is there a pic of your bike over there in the gallery?

That's exactly what my friends say.

What about if you let me do the single speed thing first to get it out of my system and then I can do it up as a geared roadie in my retirement (next year!)

(Photo was copied from here and put in the single speed section.)

Graham

Foo
25th November 2010, 07:48 PM
Ok, I'm going to check it out!:D

Carry Pine
26th November 2010, 08:19 PM
Don't get lost in the Hipster threads. And the Hitler/hipster stuff!

Graham

Foo
27th November 2010, 05:10 AM
:roll: Yeah some of them are a bit like that, but in general, it is a pretty good place. :D

Had a look for your new road bike, but could not find it. :no:

Going to set myself the 6k target again for next year, how about you, you going to have a crack?:bike3: I couldn't do much worse than this year!!:~

Foo