PDA

View Full Version : Mag drill

jatt
12th November 2010, 09:24 PM
picked up one on my travels. Its got a MT2 taper, which I hadnt come across before in a mag drill.Its only a Chiwanese unit, but I recon I will definately find plenty of use for it.Will try to get my terminology right here. The two MT2 shanked adapters I have tried in it so far dont slide in far enough to be removed by use of a drift. My thought here is to insert a small block first before the adapter for this purpose. Or have I simply gotten it wrong and am using the wrong adapter for the job?

Dave J
12th November 2010, 09:32 PM
Good score, I would love one, not that I need it. LOL
Are they drill adapters with the tang on them.

Dave

jatt
12th November 2010, 10:16 PM
It would seem my Javascript doesnt seem to be working at the moment. Doh!![quote]Are they drill adapters with the tang on them.[quote]One of em was. I havent actually picked up any MT2 stuff yet, just tried a couple on my rounds. Hoping someone will set me straight, maybe there if an actual adapter I should be using (longer taper perhaps?) instead.

Ashore
12th November 2010, 11:06 PM
Never seen one , your idea of a small block in first certainly has merits

Dave J
12th November 2010, 11:22 PM
I don't have any experience with these drills, I would just weld a bit on the end of the tang, enough to eject it out.
Let us know how it works out.

Dave

old_fella
12th November 2010, 11:33 PM
Easy way to get them out without the tang is to put a nut in the slot and use a drift above it

pipeclay
13th November 2010, 01:54 AM
If the Drill has a standard M/T 2 a standard M/T2 drill will fit and come out with no problem as well as a M/T2 sleeve on a drill or arbor.