PDA

View Full Version : Crosscut sled for the Compact saw table

Corunetes
4th November 2004, 03:08 PM
I know that the compact saw table has a very small user base but I have been using one for over 2 years now and i am more than happy with it.
One problem with the table was the crosscutting of long pieces of timber........ I bought an extension table which has been a godsend but for single cuts it was a little bit of overkill............. I adapted a crosscut sled that I saw on the Time/life video and have been using it for a couple of weeks now and I wish that I had made it a long time ago..............
Take a tip......... Make one.....you'll not regret it! :cool:

UKTritonnut
6th November 2004, 02:46 AM
Hi Corunetes, I too, have the compact table and love it...could you please point me to a link for the crosscut sled you say you made, failing that, any chance of a photo or two?

Thanks....;)

Corunetes
6th November 2004, 07:59 PM
Hi Corunetes, I too, have the compact table and love it...could you please point me to a link for the crosscut sled you say you made, failing that, any chance of a photo or two?

I'll see how I go about sending 3 pics. I think that it will have to be done in 3 seperate messages................ This one is a general shot........

Corunetes
6th November 2004, 08:01 PM
Pic 2... The piece of timber that I used to make a runner out of has a shim attached to form a "T" section that keeps the sled from slopping about.

Corunetes
6th November 2004, 08:03 PM
Pic 3

The block that i used as a safety stop at the end is fairly important.

UKTritonnut
8th November 2004, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the photos Peter...great idea!...will try and fashion one myself and will forward some pics.

I assume the safety block is for the sawblade runout?:o ...and that the guide piece is actually fastened to the bottom of the sled and runs freely in the table slot?

Gerry S

Corunetes
8th November 2004, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the photos Peter...great idea!...will try and fashion one myself and will forward some pics.

I assume the safety block is for the sawblade runout?:o ...and that the guide piece is actually fastened to the bottom of the sled and runs freely in the table slot?

I'll look forward to the pix.

Absolutely right about the safety block....... The TIME/LIFE video showed it so the entire idea was very heavily plagiarised......... I made the bottom runner a little longer than it needs to be but I can always trim it if need be!

UKTritonnut
8th November 2004, 11:12 AM
:) Great to get an instant reply Peter...tell me, would it be possible to buy the table on/off switch as a spare part? The one supplied over here in the UK has been changed to the novolt/release type (safety issue) and it is a pain in the neck, literally having to "feel" for the big red button to switch off, whereas I used to be able to stop my old MK3 version with my leg/knee!

Any help in tracking one down would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gerry S

Corunetes
8th November 2004, 11:27 AM
:) Great to get an instant reply Peter...tell me, would it be possible to buy the table on/off switch as a spare part? The one supplied over here in the UK has been changed to the novolt/release type (safety issue) and it is a pain in the neck, literally having to "feel" for the big red button to switch off, whereas I used to be able to stop my old MK3 version with my leg/knee
Gerry S

I would think that you would be able to do that.Triton are excellent with the supply of spares. Go to http://www.triton.net.au/images/spares/TCA100.pdf select what you want and then email them.......... Should work ok!

UKTritonnut
8th November 2004, 11:47 AM
...will get on them in the morning Peter - it's pretty late here 12:45am - thanks for everything....will keep in touch

Gerry S

Grandfather Joh
27th November 2004, 07:08 PM
Hi,
When a post has a section headed "Attached Thumbnails" I do not know how to display on my screen the photos this apparently refers to.
I have tried double clicking and right clicking etc. on the words "Attached Thumbnails" but no success.
See post by Corunetes at .... http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=12735
I would be pleased to receive any guidance on how to access the photos please. I am using Windows XP and Mozilla 1.7.3
.... Thanks ....
Grandfather Joh

outback
27th November 2004, 07:58 PM
Joh, Have a look here

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=10776

or maybe here

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=10757

CHJ
27th November 2004, 08:04 PM
Hi,
When a post has a section headed "Attached Thumbnails" I do not know how to display on my screen the photos this apparently refers to.
Grandfather Joh
If you cannot see the small thumbnails or just see small --- as markers then it means that you have some method of blocking script (javascript?) selected in your browser or other installed software.

Check your anti virus/privacy settings etc. in any web intrusion software installed.

Once you can see the thumbnails then clicking on the picture will result in an enlarged version downloading to your machine.

Hope this helps, without being able to look at your individual settings it is difficult to be specific.

Chas.

Grandfather Joh
29th November 2004, 12:01 AM
Thanks to all for help.
Problem now solved.
As CHJ suggested it was security software that was the cause of not being able to see Thumbnails. When I shut down "Zone Alarm" software all worked OK.
.... Grandfather Joh
:p