PDA

View Full Version : Astra dot sandpaper by the metre

hughie
26th November 2010, 11:57 AM
I have a price for sand paper per sqmof approx $40 depending on the grit etc. The range available is 60grit to 400grit cloth backed Astra double and single dot. Plus Champagne 600grit to 1500grit.

Those who are interested pm as I am going to order for myself. the supplier has offered free delivery for orders over $150.

I might add this is a once off deal that has come my way I thought I would pass on to others

rsser
29th November 2010, 12:38 PM
V. good of you Hughie.

The Astra is quality abrasive and the price is brilliant.

A 30cm length of this 'broadloom' will give you a good combo of 2" and 3" discs or all of one or the other.

hughie
29th November 2010, 01:02 PM
The pricing would average out at around $40 per sq metre or if you like 400 50mm sanding pads per sq metre and that about 10cents each if I got it right.

I buy it by the metre as I use a range of pads 15mm, 30mm, 50mm, 75mm along with smallish rectangular pieces for DIY sanding paddles to get inside bowls and vases etc.Plus some larger pieces cut for hand sanding pads.

Ok you have to cut it yourself, but I cut a bunch up every once in a while and it takes me 2-3 years to get through a metre or so of any grit.

The left over triangular cutouts especially from 75mm discs are handy when finishing rims and lips of etc

Ozkaban
30th November 2010, 08:19 AM
I'd be interested in this. Are you happy to split square meters up? I wouldn't need a square meter of each grit, but maybe 1/4 to 1/2 of that. Is that approach OK?

Cheers,
Dave

Sturdee
30th November 2010, 10:35 AM
I'd be interested in this. Are you happy to split square meters up? I wouldn't need a square meter of each grit, but maybe 1/4 to 1/2 of that. Is that approach OK?

Cheers,
Dave

Good question, we are thinking of that as well, as a square metre of each grit would be way too expensive and too much as well.

Maybe if enough Melbourne people are interested in getting some I would be happy to coordinate it and separating of it etc.

Post details here and we can take it from there if there is demand.

Peter.

hughie
30th November 2010, 11:21 AM
Maybe if enough Melbourne people are interested in getting some I would be happy to coordinate it and separating of it etc.

and email the sandman, per metre is not a lot and as this is not an on going thing, best not to lose the opportunity by buying a small quantity. Unless your very very good, sandpaper is an ongoing consumable item :U

Please find following pricing for your Astra requirements:
1080mm wide x 1 metre x 60 grit Astra E2A-D $41.41
1080mm wide x 1 metre x 80 grit Astra E2A-D $39.81
1080mm wide x 1 metre x 120 grit Astra D2A-D $37.19
1080mm wide x 1 metre x 150 grit Astra D2A-D $37.19
1080mm wide x 1 metre x 180 grit Astra D2A-D $37.19
1080mm wide x 1 metre x 240 grit Astra C2A-DD $38.90
1080mm wide x 1 metre x 320 grit Astra C2A-DD $$38.90
1080mm wide x 1 metre x 400 grit Astra C2A-DD $38.90

If you want to go finer than this, Norton A275 Champagne is available from 600 - 1500 grit (width 1170 mm wide) at a price of $39.35 per metre.

As this is a custom-made-to-order product, delivery could take up to approximately 3 weeks.
Orders over $150 is free delivery.

Sawdust Maker
30th November 2010, 02:11 PM

Cheers,
Dave
Dave

I could split an order with you if you like

I was thinking of the 80, 120, 180, 240, 320 and probably the 400

1/2 a metre each?

otherwise I'll go on my lonesome and get a full metre. I know I'll eventually use it

Sturdee
30th November 2010, 02:20 PM

and

and email the sandman, per metre is not a lot and as this is not an on going thing, best not to lose the opportunity by buying a small quantity.

To clarify:

I meant that if a few local people wanted less than a metre of each, I would collate, collect money and sent of one order to you and on receipt I would separate the sandpaper and forward to the people concerned each share.

I did not meant that your supplier or you would have to handle many small orders but only ONE combined Melbourne order.

Peter.

Ozkaban
30th November 2010, 07:23 PM
Dave

I could split an order with you if you like

I was thinking of the 80, 120, 180, 240, 320 and probably the 400

1/2 a metre each?

otherwise I'll go on my lonesome and get a full metre. I know I'll eventually use it

Sounds great Nick. I'll agree quickly before I think how much I'm spending...

Happy to pick it up from you if it works out most convenient. I can check on that oak grenade bowl as well :D

Thanks for doing this Hughie. Very good of you to share around like this. Let me know how you'd like to organise money...

Cheers,
Dave

hughie
30th November 2010, 11:57 PM
I did not meant that your supplier or you would have to handle many small orders but only ONE combined Melbourne order.
Peter, no worries, go with whats best for you and the guys in Melbourne. :2tsup:

Nick and Dave if you order $150 or more you might as well go direct as the delivery is free for such a order. :2tsup: and that's about 3m between you.

NeilS
2nd December 2010, 10:28 AM
Hughie, PM sent.

If there is anyone else from SA that would like to have their order shipped with mine and pick it up from Crafers West, your welcome to do that.

hughie
2nd December 2010, 01:11 PM
.If there is anyone else from SA that would like to have their order shipped with mine and pick it up from Crafers West, your welcome to do that.

Might wait an see who else comes on board.

Sturdee
2nd December 2010, 04:18 PM
Hughie,

At this stage there are 3 partners in our order to make a square metre of 80, 120, 180, 240, 320, 400 and 600 grits, waiting on the final share of moneys so that I can pm you on Sunday night with our order.

Would prefer 4 partners for this so there is still time for any one in Melbourne to join in. Pm me if interested.

Peter.

steck
3rd December 2010, 11:55 AM
Hughie,

At this stage there are 3 partners in our order to make a square metre of 80, 120, 180, 240, 320, 400 and 600 grits, waiting on the final share of moneys so that I can pm you on Sunday night with our order.

Would prefer 4 partners for this so there is still time for any one in Melbourne to join in. Pm me if interested.

Peter.

Hi Peter,
I'm interested!
PM Sent

Sturdee
3rd December 2010, 03:50 PM
Hi Peter,
I'm interested!
PM Sent

And replied.

If anyone else wishes to join in, PM me before Sunday night and I'll include it. The more taking advantage of this the merrier.:D

Peter.

hughie
5th December 2010, 04:41 PM
to those who will be ordering a $150 plus order you may as well go direct, you don't need me to be involved as it will only add to the cost and besides if you wished to pursue it again in the future you will have a link to do so.

http://www.thesandpaperman.com.au/

or

http://www.thesandpaperman.com.au/help.php?section=contactus&mode=update

Use me as a order reference if you wish

cookie48
6th December 2010, 03:04 PM
Hughie, PM sent.

If there is anyone else from SA that would like to have their order shipped with mine and pick it up from Crafers West, your welcome to do that.

I do not know if I am to late, but Let me know please. S.A. resident more than willing to partake

Sturdee
8th December 2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks Hughie for your efforts in regard to this offer.:2tsup:

I've placed the Melbourne order direct and will contact those involved when I receive a reply as to when the delivery is likely to be.

Peter.